#26 Cale "Thank You Mr" Hooker

Agreed. I never understood the chatter midweek re: playing him forward. He is critical down back.

Immense in his first game back. Clunked 13 marks & gave the young Lions forwards nothing. Gave him a vote.

13 marks. That’s massive. He dominated.

I know at some stage he will be required forward but we just look one hundred times better with him in defence.

Our attacks are generated down back and he is the master of intercepting and then spotting up a target.

Makes everyone on the field walk taller.

why?

I mean, I would have picked him forward this week, but seeing as we were fine without him, surely we won’t need him any other time. Especially if/when Daniher and/or Smack are back

CLUNK

How strong is he in the contest, cannot move him.

I am the leader of the hooker back squad, always have been, but he will play forward at some stage.

I don’t want him too though.

I just love him…my No 1 man…love it now he is back playing…

i need him to kick a goal in the next 2 weeks.

Just have to hope the calves/hamstrings/groins/quads hold up and there’s no more old man injuries. He could easily play another 3-4 seasons as the anchor defender. He reads it so well, even though he’s not the quickest he plays the angles so well, knows when to leave his man and impact a contest. The 10-15 min spell where we were under the pump to start the last it was him and Hurls that save us time and time again.

All well and good but was missing a big clunk up forward, kicking the set shot goal way too hard and then beating his chest like an ape to celebrate.

#clunkcityisback

Why? In what scenario do you see that happening?

Essendon

is the heart of this team

at half time in the rooms was going to every player and pumpin em up

Can’t believe this stupid club ever entertained trading him for Caddy.

What a legend.

We spent a lot of today setting him up as the spare, particularly in the first half. We just look so much better when we do that rather than wasting the spare at the ball.

The bonus about a Hurley, Hooker and Ambrose combination, is that there isn’t a key forward in the game that we don’t have a match up for.

I find that sort of thing comforting.

Comes back in and doesn’t miss a beat what a beast.

Should be our captain imo