#26 Cale "Thank You Mr" Hooker

The sum of all fears , that Hooker was too slow for footy in 2019 seems to have no basis.

I was amazed at how well Hooker played, and how he improved our defensive structure. ( Redman was also a very handy in)
Nothing flash. Just clunk after clunk after clunk. But it seems that Hurley plays better when teamed with Hooker, so there are collateral benefits with having him there.

It’ll be interesting to see how he pulls up. He’s had a good break. He could’ve come in underdone or cherry ripe fresh. He was the latter, but given his age and injuries he may find it tough as he gets the impact from real games. We need to manage him carefully as he is a massive asset.

Big Hooksy first game back and straight into AFL team of the week

Jeez he is important for us

TIPPA in also - 2wks in a row (AA year?)
Zerrett in as well

Ambrose holds hipwood to zero goals

Not good enough

He kicked 1.

I have thought for a while now that Hipwood is the most over hyped player in the comp.

Once a fortnight he will kick a sick goal. Probably only averages 7-8 touches a game.

I think people get carried away with his build and athleticism/potential

Ambrose got in Campbell Browns team of the week

Higher accolade

Hipwood is a kid and probably one of the most exciting young KPP in the game. I reckon hes pretty good

MEH
Tom Lynch is worth getting excited about this year, could win the coleman
Josh Kennedy is still the best.
Jeremy Cameron has started on fire.

Buddy likes a goal, but think will be lacking opportunites.

Really hoping Daniher can turn back the clock to 2017.
He should be in his prime.

Hipwood is still a year or two off it.

He kicked 6 goals last round vs Port. Not many young KPP do that. Unfortunately for his sake, he has a super skinny frame which will take a couple more years to fill into…until then I expect him to be a little inconsistent at times.

Campbell is a simple man, he sees a player spear tackle, he likes them forever

Does TIPPA still count as young?

Not really. But he’s the best CHF we’ve had since Alwyn Davey

It appears that in our defence, Hooker is the rock, and Hurley is the hard place, with Ambrose picking up those caught between the two.

Campbell & Jonathon - Simple Minds