#26 Cale "Thank You Mr" Hooker - rejects a brown paper bag from FCFC

This really is just mind blowing. We’ll probably never ever see another kpd do what Fletcher did. What a privilege it was to watch his whole career.

7 Likes

Nah, Pears was beating up on Roughead, and Buddy didn’t play the second game that year.

2 Likes

I said it is very unlikely that they would. Seriously, players are lucky to get to 70 goals these days. There is no way a lead up forward like Dunstall would have kicked 100.

1 Like

Fletcher was a much better fullback than Hooker, though Hooker is a great “clunk” mark. However, Fletcher’s career is the ruck has been sorely undervalued. He was our best ever 17 year old school boy playing in his debut in the ruck Essendon has ever had.

Has Hooker ever rucked?

1 Like

Yes, he rucked in 09. Was more than handy around the ground too

Yes, in a final

Well well, there you go.

I’d day Hooker is a better 'round the ground ruck than Fletcher.

2 Likes

Again, your opinion, you should not be declaring it as a fact as you simply do not know, it is an assumption. The current game has no true lead up forwards and hasn’t done for a while, coaches do not like them as they want versatility and movement.

1 Like

I actually think Hooker would of done pretty well on the gorilla forwards back in the day. I would expect him to match up pretty well with Lockett and dunstall

But he is not in the same postcode as Fletcher. There is no shame in that either, Fletcher was a once in a generation player.

Cale is the best defender we have had since Fletch by a mile

Who would you rather have in your team Hurley or Wellman at their best. Wellman wins it for me

3 Likes

What sort of icing?

1 Like

Better not leave him out in the rain.

I’d say once in a Lifetime, … possibly even once in an ever.

(In fact technically , … all players are once in an ever, … right :thinking: )

1 Like

In 2008 Buddy kicked 113 goals for the year. Has not come close since. Buddy would have been 20 at that time.

Keep in mind that Clarkson changed the game forever in the GF that year, with the rolling zone.

Anyhow, I like Hooker, so neh!

I’m getting very confused.
Are people saying Hooker is the better full back because we have team defence now?
And if so, how does that work?

I don’t know anymore. Why can’t people just agree with me, then we can all move on!

4 Likes

You’re fighting a one man battle here. Clone yourself a few 100 times and you might have a chance.

People allergic to shrapnel, … should not throw grenades, … :smile:

Why does @Clone_Hirdy_Lid_Off hate Fletcher?

I can see where you’re coming from.

I think Fletcher’s the best all-purpose defender I’ve seen. Could play tall, small; loose, tight; rebounder, deep, interceptor, FB, CHB.
There’s not really any backline spot or role or matchup he didn’t play, and play well.

Hooker’s a waaaay better intercept mark.

I think better stopper is arguable.