#26 Cale "Thank You Mr" Hooker - rejects a brown paper bag from FCFC

Go on then. Do it!

1 Like

■■■■■ me how under-rated he was, and is, because he wasn’t a “pure” stopper.

Every side puts their crappest defender as the pure stopper now - then they graduate to having some freedom.

I miss Fletcher :frowning:

1 Like

Hale Cooker

I hate everyone!

1 Like

Come inside for HEALING.

This is a designated SAFE SPACE on Bomberblitz, where you can feel cocooned by LOVE and POSITIVE FEELINGS.

You haven’t been here before? Why, we’ve been operating like this for years! And you can rely on us to be here for you next week, and the week after, and the week after that…

Calling hooker a utility is kind of under selling him a bit.

AA CHB and 40 goal a year pinch hitting key forward who is fond of beating his chest like an ape after kicking big clutch goals feels closer to the truth.

12 Likes

Is playing very well at the moment. He seems to have increased mobility since last year. He even stepped an opponent on the mark, ran around him arched his back, and ran off him in the Carlton match.

1 Like

Him and Hurls are killing it. 59 disposals and 23 marks between them in the Carlton game.

1 Like

Its actually a horrific result to be this ■■■■■■■ ■■■■ for so long, while blokes like Hurley and Hooker have somehow managed to stay at or near the top of their games, altering roles slightly or whatever to fit the team and are still basically killing it week in, week out.

Hooker is a star, arguably our most important player, has done it for years, and hasn’t so much as sniffed a finals win let alone been close to a flag.

This game is definitely not fair.

17 Likes

Agree with this. Against the power forwards – ‘gorillas’ if you like – he really struggled. Just didn’t have the mass or the strength to handle them consistently.

1 Like

Hooker comes in round 4

Essendon become #1 defence since then

19 Likes

Redman was in from round 4 also

4 Likes

Francis was out from round 4 :thinking:

Love the big Fella. Looks like he would be a great person off field as well. We do seem to really rely on “Hurley kick in to a Hooker contested Mark” a lot coming out of the back half. A lot more now than the run and gun runs of McKenna.

I do wonder though how his parents came up with his first name, I guess unlucky the vegetable synonym became a hipster dream later. Can imagine he lives by his nickname.

3 Likes

Made the AFL team of the week. Deemed to be ELITE across 6 categories.

10 Likes

So now’s the time to offload him then! Get a good price!

4e

11 Likes

How true. No doubt we’ll call for he’s head thurs night and how he’s not our future, too slow, dumb etc, Franga should be there, if or when Jezza kicks a snag.
Love the big fella

2 Likes