#26 Cale "Thank You Mr" Hooker - rejects a brown paper bag from FCFC

He loves playing forward, but so important back.

I vote he gets to walk around all week at the hangar wearing a cape and with his undies over his training gear.

5 Likes

What a play that last goal was! From Parishā€™s kick, he out bodies Davis to bring the ball to ground at the 50. Gathers the ball himself, shrugs off another GWS player who tries to tackle him like he wasnā€™t even there and gets the handpass out to Langford. Immediately sprints off toward goal and takes the mark 10 seconds later, 15 metres out, on the other side of the ground, ahead of three defenders. Just brilliant!

22 Likes

ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  legend Hooker. what a difference a contested beast makes to our forward line.

4 Likes

59 Likes

Funniest post ive seen all night

Weā€™re in front with 20 seconds to go, ball goes from the centre bounce long into the giantsā€™ forward line, exactly where Hooker would clunk the saving defensive mark. Heā€™s not there (seemed to start on the wing running back?), and itā€™s only dumb luck that Kelly missed the snap that would have made it a draw.

It was bad enough for 20 seconds, 8 whole games without Hooker taking those marks in the back line? No thanks.

Was hilarious when he celebrated for three seconds then went ā€œoh ā– ā– ā– ā– !ā€ and started running back and screaming at his teammates to similarly wake up.

Hooker started on the wing and dropped into defence. Thatā€™s just how the 666 rule works. Think it was planned.

Maybe he could have sprinted to the d50 in time, didnā€™t seem too stressed once he got to the wing.

Itā€™s how the rule works when your full back is kicking goals at full forward, certainly. Iā€™m just saying that, overall, Iā€™d rather Hooker stay in the back line when emergency repairs arenā€™t required, and we find a ruck/forward solution that doesnā€™t require pulling the most important player in our back line out of position.

Happy to be in the minority on this one.

4 Likes

It would be nice to swing Hooker forward and Brown back to keep some KPD presence and shake things up occasionally. Itā€™s a high risk option, so completely understand not wanting to mess with our defence.

Before that passage of play, donā€™t forget the mark and hand pass to Smack for the equalizing goal!!

He is literally the reason we won that game, that goal and his own 2 goals, brilliant.

1 Like

Is it too early to start talking about his standing as an Essendon great of the last 15 years or so?
Since Hird, Jobe would be a standout #1 for us, but after that, Hooker is close to next best.
The only possible contender ahead of him in that time IMO might be Merrett.
I suppose you could include Lloyd and JJ.
Hooker has performed through thick and thin, at both ends, like a true leader and champion of the club for a long time now.

10 Likes

Lucas up there. champ. oh and that redhead kid we just picked up goes alright. the one that lined up on kernahan in the grannie

4 Likes

Ok I forgot fletch. Shame on me. How soon we forget.
Hooker candidate for #3

Man, he cooked Phil Davis so bad in that last 5 mins of play, I wouldnā€™t be surprised if Phil is still shaking his head in disbelief !

Iā€™ve watched the last play at least a dozen times now, and still smile at the contempt he showed Zac Williams with the ā€˜donā€™t argueā€™.
Swatted him away like an annoying fly :rofl::joy::smiley:

4 Likes

I love when Hooker does this. He just pushed him straight on his ā– ā– ā– . He was massive in that quarter. Involved in almost every score.

3 Likes

Donā€™t underestimate how much we will miss this bloke when he retires. Heart and soul player, does everything for the team no matter where heā€™s asked to play. I hope that we can get a flag in the next few years before heā€™s done. He deserves it just about more than anyoneā€¦

16 Likes

Cale ā€˜The Generalā€™ Hooker.

A little redemption after letting Jobe slip by without one.