#26 Cale "Thank You Mr" Hooker - rejects a brown paper bag from FCFC

A goal-kicking match-winner who produced a gut-busting, hard-running, inspirational final quarter. Thank you, Cale Hooker. you legend.

:ok_hand::love_you_gesture::clinking_glasses:

7 Likes

Hooker match winner celebration gif plz

1 Like
13 Likes

Such a good forward target.

If he doesn’t mark it, he won’t let them intercept mark.

Mitch Brown on the other hand…

1 Like

Captain like

2 Likes

Lol - I totally missed that Greek flag right in the middle of the goals…

Térmatos!!!

2 Likes

Hes the most un-athletic player i have ever seen take the footy field. but he just wills himself into winning the contest. hes one of my all time favorites.

5 Likes

And the most important bit… he marks the ball and kicks the goal!!!
And stiffened the whole teams backbone with the celebration!!!

3 Likes

partially by brute forcing everyone else out of the contest

2 Likes

There was one point where he was running down the field, ball in hand, bouncing the ball and trying to direct players to spread out. ive never seen a player look so uncoordinated while doing that :laughing:

2 Likes

I have been saying this for ages. He can play fwd or back so use it. Become unpredictable to the opposition more often. Switch things up more often. Be hard to coach against

Brown a mobile player who can also play back was struggling. Hooker was struggling with a very mobile fwd. So change it up see what happens.

Instead we had a forced change that won us the game.

1 Like

He commanded that last quarter with such hulking masculinity he made Diggers turn back to Essendon for a brief moment.

13 Likes

He runs like he’s trying not to ■■■■ himself.

6 Likes

An unusual game by Hooker last night. He simultaneously played his best game for this season based on his last quarter heroics, as well as his worst game based on his first 3 quarters.

5 Likes

11 Likes

That run after giving it off to Langford to the goal square was 50m @ 6 secs tops.

Love him.

3 Likes

Both goals he kicked were great. One from a tight angle and one under extreme pressure

1 Like

He had an attacking mindset after the frustration of West Coast last week.
Cale is not a good attacking defender. He is a fantastic contested Mark and negator.
Just wanted to see goals kicked.

Would have moved him earlier. Cos he is a good forward when he wants it.

Play of the year. I must have watched it about 20 times now. Just phenomenal. He was never going to be denied a win for his team.

3 Likes

Yep.

Hookers contested marking ability is absolutely elite though.

We have other good marks in the side like Franga and Smack, but none of them is likely to produce what Cale did in that last quarter.

4 Likes