#26 Cale "Thank You Mr" Hooker - rejects a brown paper bag from FCFC

Considering the whole context, physical exhaustion in the last minute of the game, scoreboard pressure, etc, it’s a more impressive goal than some fluke snap from the boundary line that will be nominated for GOTY

6 Likes

This guy is a pure firestarter for the team, when he’s on he’s almost the most influential player in the team up forward, he rides with enthusiasm which helps carry the team and brings them to life, you can just see it. He had a cracking year in 2017 as a key forward and it’s a travesty he had to miss that final. He’s our best target up forward and best contested mark. Yes, I know our backline has been great since Round 4, but we’ve also been one of the worst scoring teams, regularly struggling to break 60-70. Hooker on the lead is almost unstoppable and he treats opposition with disdain.

If Ambrose was fit I’d almost debut Zerk-Thatcher to do Hooker’s job down back and move Hooker up forward. I’d go with Ambrose for their most dangerous key forward, Francis takes Hooker’s role, Hurley as 3rd man and Zerk rotates in as needed. Francis is a better defender than a forward, and Zerk looks like a promising defender.

2 Likes

I know it’s a risk robbing hooker from the backline when amro isn’t there. But I recon we should do it. Bring zerk in, and send hooker fwd.

Keep franga in down back as well. I think long term especially we have more to gain then lose by doing this. If it fails at least we have tried something, and brought in some youth that deserve a go.

But…id also not be afraid to change things up during games swing hooker back and franga fwd. Stop been so predictable to the opposition. Swinging these to around totally changes the dynamics of both the fwd and backline.

5 Likes

3 Likes

Looks like Nicholas Cage…

1 Like

Come play the game,I’ll test ya

2 Likes

Hooker stays forward now and harts comes in to bolster the backline and chop out in the ruck. The clincher is that Harts takes the kick outs.
That helps with the issue of not having bell and hooker to kick to.

4 Likes

make the head bobble

I’ll bet you tell that to all the boys

1 Like

Is there room for all of Hooker, Nerns, Lav and Stringer forward? Obviously latter two would spend some time in the middle.

2-3 marking forwards at any one time? Doesn’t seem excessive to me.

(Oh, you believe Zac Clarke will play? Urgh.)

1 Like

only diggers

For all the kidz out there, note the finish to this:

9 Likes

We only won the game because of the greek flag in the cheers squad.

3 Likes

That first frame of that clip is one of the most beautiful pictures I’ve ever seen.

It’s actually my wallpaper. Love it

10 Likes

Is that from the EFC?

Love it

Looks like you and DKP share typing skills. :wink:

1 Like

Yikes! I guess I was so distracted looking at Hooker that I didn’t look at what I was typing!

Corrected now!

That wallpaper is an absolute belter !

2 Likes