#26 Cale "Thank You Mr" Hooker - rejects a brown paper bag from FCFC

Best post i have read on BB

1 Like

Nice - but you need the crowds in the background.

Spelt phonetically hahahaha

1 Like
3 Likes

What does a forward/ruck do, anyway?

At 14:19 to go in the last we’ve scored just 40 points, and are 19 down.

Heppell kicks out and Brown falcons himself. Clarke gets the clearance, TIPPA gets screwed by the ump (even Bwuce thinks so), Hooker wins the ball as a defender, to Raz to TIPPA to Begley to Langford to GOAL.

Not great that Begley felt the need to handball from fifteen out. The Greek flag was upside down.

Hooker moves to the ruck, feels overwhelmed and just watches the bounce. We rebound the centre clearance and kick to Brown and the ball goes straight through his hands. This allows Greene to take the lead back to 19.

Hooker fails to contest the centre ruck again.

McKenna does his dash, LAV is unjustly denied a free by THE bald-headed flog, and then THE bald-headed flog feels guilty and gives it to him ten seconds later. THE bald-headed flog also gets in a deadpan corker of a riposte to the Giant (‘I don’t need to [see the replay]. I’ve already seen it’).

Back to 13. Now we’ll start talking about Mr Hooker.

Hooker actually contests the ruck contest. He loses but at least it doesn’t go straight to them, so we clear.

Hooker trots off forward ahead of Mumford, putting his arm up four times to request a pass: we finally do so, and he marks and goals.

Back to 7.

There is a wall of noise before the next bounce, and Hooker wins the tap against Tomlinson (who got just 3 hit-outs for the night). Then bullocks at ground level. Runs off forward, leaving Smack to ruck.

He grabs the ball at a throw-in, to no avail.

Davis deliberately rushes a behind.

Back to 6.

From this point Hooker is a full-time forward.

They kick to Himmelberg on the boundary: Clarke laughs at this woeful aerial opposition, and punches it out of bounds.

Hooker contests the ruck (call it a draw) and gets hands to it at the bottom of the pack but can’t control it.

Deledio is a moron, and justly punished.

Hooker draws another ruck contest against Tomlinson.

Hooker “worked underneath”/drops mark at 70m out.

Is part of a pack flailing aimlessly at the next entry.

Hooker, versus two Giants, brings the ball to ground at the next entry. The ball perversely bounces away from Raz and Brown.

Parish tackled high.

MAKE SOME NOISE, BOMBER FANS.

Clarke takes down Mumford but they clear regardless.

Francis was forward minutes ago but is successfully pushed in the back

Back to 6 down.

Hooker leads, gets hands on it but it spills. Gets up and tackles.

Ball kicked back to one on one, Davis and Hooker cancel each other. Hooker chases Reid out of bounds.

At the throw-in, Davis and Hooker are in the goal square. Cale has his arms behind his head as he sucks in air. He lays a hand on Davis’s arm, and gets it slapped down.

Zaharakis is not a hero.

Smack flies for the mark on the wing, comes down hard. While he’s recovering, Mumford falls on him twice (not maliciously). Ow.

Langford’s six millionth inside fifty during this review flies over Hooker’s head.

Heppell kicks down the line. One on one, Hooker schools Davis and immediately handballs long to the spine and a rampaging McKernan.

Tied up again.

At 1:52 to go: ‘you feel like the next goal wins’. That’s why he gets paid the big bucks and all I get is exclusive access to a threepeat.

(Well, I’m pretty sure no one else went from Werribee to Melbourne Uni.)

Wall of sound at the throw-in with 1:25 left.

At 1:10 Hooker flies high at fifty; the ball is just barely spoilt by Davis. Davis is spent, goes to ground. Hooker grabs the ball, chests TIPPA, tells a “Giant” tackling him to urinate off, and handballs to Langford as he starts running forward again. It’s 1:08 as he crosses the fifty line. At 0:59, after we fluff around for a bit, he’s marking ten metres out. Davis is the third Giant from him.

Some people in the stand are somewhat demonstrative at this point.

At 0:31 he starts his walk in to glory. He kicks the goal at 0:24 and the time clock stops at 0:19. That’s some quality burning of the remaining time.

He poses for THAT picture and celebrates for seven seconds, and then Heppell runs in and tells him to wake the hell up. He goes “oh ■■■■!” and Heppell propels him towards the backline.

He gets to the back of the wing for the bounce. The Giant clearance goes way past him but he’s one of three Bombers in the goal square, or beyond, when the Giants miss.

Yeah, I didn’t hear the siren this time either.

We win 77-71.

Turns out he was involved in more than three plays/goals. As he says in the post-match interview: ‘my job is to create a contest’.

37 Likes

I love this

1 Like

Almost as big an effort as Hooker

3 Likes

Great description, DJR!

1 Like

If you added up all Stalions posts you would have less words than this post.

8 Likes
14 Likes

That is superb and perhaps the most underrated blitz post of all time.

6 Likes

Love the spaghetti western music in the background

Deadset miscarriage of justice that that YouTuber ONLY has 219 Subscibers :man_facepalming:t2:

4 Likes

these videos are one of the highlights of my week. i actually watched every round about a week or 2 ago because theyre so damn good.

2 Likes

The Ecstasy of Gold - Ennio Morricone

1 Like

Absolute gold…Then I see he has one for every round…

Good on Hepps waking him up and getting him moving, game wasn’t over.

1 Like

Question without notice: is McClure the most curmudgeonly, bitter, biased **** in the media

2 Likes

I particularly like round 3

2 Likes