#26 Cale "Thank You Mr" Hooker - rejects a brown paper bag from FCFC

Yes, Who else could it be.

Obviously wrote it specially for Hooker.

I heard that & thought the same, & that heā€™s full ofshite.

Then I thought,ā€¦ is that where Blitz has been getting this ā€œWoosha in Dangerā€ BS from? Has the media tried to make a thing out of it in their daily AFL soap shows??

When will people wise up and stop engaging in their Rumour go Round fking drama Circus?

Looks like a place in the leadership group has suddenly become available. If anyone deserves it, it is this bloke. A wonderful clubman.

6 Likes

I think most want to see him forward but no way should we use him in ruck at all.

Too valuable to risk like that

2 Likes

We are way better when he is forward

3 Likes

Needs to play forward, gives us structure and if heā€™s not marking it heā€™s creating a contest and bringing it to ground. Brown is more than capable of playing back to cover him, thereā€™s also Thatcher and Hartley in the VFL if needed.

PLAY HIM FORWARD

4 Likes

Thank Mr Hooker, I hope you corky gets better quickly.

He didnā€™t get a lot of ball in the 4th quarter but he draws the other defendersā€™ attention which frees up our other forwards.

We have looked so poor the past 2 weeks without him in our forward line

Wonder if his back issue is bad?

Read that he was tight during the game

So in the 2 qtrs heā€™s played forward the last 2 weeks weā€™ve kicked a total of 10 goal 6.
In the other 6 qtrs over those 2 weeks weā€™ve kicked a total of 12 goals 10.

4 Likes

Exactly right.

Surely even Woosha can see this

Maybe it is why he moves him forward in the last? Maybe thatā€™s the plan?

The other thing that is noticeable is that when he is back he is very vulnerable if isolated in space to a leading forward. Sides will try and exploit that.

They have been trying to do that since we drafted him, doesnā€™t always work out that way.

2 Likes

Yeah, heā€™s not getting any quicker.

I donā€™t think he can cause heā€™s a stubborn idiot. I would start Hooker forward cause ATM heā€™s the only real forward firing up in our forward line. Brown, stringer, tippa, Raz, begs, Lav all have been disappointing last few weeks. Stringer has an excuse cause heā€™s getting over injury

Definitely not sustainable if thatā€™s the ā€˜planā€™

Yeah, agree. Iā€™d much prefer Hooker start forward and we get an early lead and scoreboard pressure on the opposition. I think thatā€™s a better position to be in than trying to chase the win in the last quarter.

1 Like

As a test of eyesight, some may not have noticed that when Hooker gets put forward that Francis has been immediately outmarked and scored on.

Swans kicked the first goal of the last quarter as Francis was shoved aside in a contest Hooker would win.

Similarly Francis had 2 kicked on him in the last against GWS in contests we hadnā€™t lost in the first 3 quarters.

What it seems we are betting on is the midfields ability to surge home in the last with the crowd behind us.

Hooker got better supply too because of the midfields ascendancy.

If you have Hooker up forward when the oppositions players arenā€™t fatigued, then Hooker is less effective and our backline is exposed.

Hows that for eyesight?

We won the matches on both occasions which means they calibrated the use of Hooker well and got the win.

1 Like

While never express he used to have some pace though. Heā€™s still reasonably agile but very slow to get going these days.