#26 Cale "Thank You Mr" Hooker - rejects a brown paper bag from FCFC

They were 1 v 1 goals that were kicked on Francis and were his same opponents all day/night. No way would Hooker being there helped Francis in those situations.

I’m not doubting that Hooker helps our defence immensely but he helps our forward line more considering we are without Joe and Stewart

Hooker has to start back. With Ambrose out it would be too much for Hurls to man the backline for a whole match. Moving him forward late in the game is the smart move. If they start him forward next weekend and North pile on 5 quick goals it’s game over. Get a feel for the game before you remove one of our best defenders.

Early in the match when its hot, Hooker doesn’t have the wheels to hit up on a lead but our backline will get scored on from more high bombs that should be killed 100% of the time by a competent defence.

Late in the game our lead up forwards have lost their zip a bit more and so have the oppositions defenders. This is when Hookers lack of pace is less of an issue.

Early in the match Hooker just plants himself in the defensive hole and his pace is not an issue.

2 Likes

Swans kicked the first goal of the three quarters before that too

Of course, Zerk is doing pretty well at VFL level and at that level doing similar to this. So why not see if he can do that at AFL level?

I’ve maintained for three years, we can cover Hooker back far easier than we can cover his absence in the forward line.

Thatch suffered a finger/hand injury yesterday. NFD yet

I’d have loved to bring in the Zerk.

I’d be interested in peoples views on whether he’d be more competitive on the bigger guys that Francis who in my view is suited to the third talls and being third man up with his leap.

Hooker forward is not something I’m against, I just think that we need a plan regarding goals leaked the other way.

If Zerk was right to go, you could bring him in for Brown who has been underwhelming.

Hooker would be less tired in first quarter.

It’s not like he’s a super sub at 3 quarter time. Hooker is also fatigued in quarter 4

Hooker v GWS says I don’t think so.

Haha this argument is so flawed. Just because he played well doesn’t mean he wasn’t fatigued.

He is a defender himself so he will be fatigued like opposition defenders supposedly are.

Flawed arguments don’t matter when he was bouncing all over the ground like Wayne Carey on a bender.

Whats the old saying “Late in a game the small guys get slower but the tall guys don’t get shorter”.

Making an argument on when its best to utilize Hookers pace is a flawed argument and virtually nobody is going to be with you on that one.

You don’t want his running to come into it at all.

The current approach is clearly the correct way as he sits in the hole in defence and everyone has to go around him. It gives us heaps in terms of structure.

1 Like

cough cough
Hard as a cats head
Injured and held our defence together with a string and a super human effort after Hurley was Kangarooed.
Well done Cale you are an out and out champion.

12 Likes

Goes to hug Francis after the final siren and he is very ginger like he can’t even give him a man hug. Hard as concrete

finished the game under duress. (timestamp 30s in case link breaks)

1 Like

Will he be right for next week?

■■■■■■ hope so. How many senior guys are left fit?

Showed the sniping grubs what REAL shinboner spirit looks like.

1 Like

You should see how much North supporters HATE him, still have never forgiven him for that head rub he gave that spud the game he kicked heaps in the last quarter.

I think we should rest him in prep for the final month or so. Adelaide I doubt we can get over away let’s be honest, let the man rest for a week to have him firing for the last month or so. Zerk or Hartley can fill in for the week.

I think he was cramping badly in the calf and I think he finished on the pine. I think that’s all it was was. I hope so anyway. It would be typical of us though to lose all of Ambrose Hurley and hooker within the space of a few weeks

1 Like