#26 Cale "Thank You Mr" Hooker - rejects a brown paper bag from FCFC

Replace hooker as well as Hurley?

That’s a big ask.

1 Like

Would agree but with Hurls also unlikely that’s a big leadership loss and key loss. I’m hoping the big Chook has another game in him next round for sure.

Geez we play Adelaide, Gold Coast and Freo away in the space of 5 weeks. That’s ■■■■■■.

1 Like

Could barely walk for much of the last quarter. Watching him at the ground I was really concerned.

1 Like

Commentators were saying it was a back issue. Riewolt said it looked like a back spasm at one stage.

It’s a doozy of a run home.

Gold Coast is a holiday

1 Like

Quoting Bomber, “phew”.

Have you met Essington?!?

We make losing to wooden spooners look like childs play.

4 Likes

We need to draft well for kpp.

Adelaide and GC are 1 and 1.5 hr flights

Yeah, people act like getting on a plane for a couple hours every couple of weeks is gonna lead to an insurmountable level of fatigue or something. Every interstate team competing for the 8 is currently doing that.

3 Likes

They were both looking ginger.

5 Likes

You’re thinking of when Redman gave Frang a hug,

1 Like

Anyone heard anything official?

He looked much freer in the Sydney game with his back and was still a test.

Could barely walk on Saturday and now a 6 day break. I doubt he gets up.

Now that I think about it, was that why Hurley was on Brown and not Hooker from the start. Maybe Hooker was only 70% heading into the game. Brown runs the most kms for North some weeks.

A fit Hooker is a far better matchup for Brown

I wouldnt be surprised if he toughs it out this week then gets a rest (along with many other players) for GC.

Back spasm would have limited him a lot in game, I’d expect that he will just get the physio on it and/or adjustment if needs the release.

Only if it doesn’t free up sufficiently in the next few days would he miss.

Back issues can be very pesky though as sometimes the spasm causes a secondary issue so need to get that released first and only then can get to the initial problem.

Here’s hoping he is ok as he’s so crucial to us

I thought Hooker had a bad corky and he stayed on and played because that would have made it two on the bench. He probably should have come off but didn’t want to. Champion.

2 Likes

Agreed. The number of times Brown was free inside their 50m arc, but North couldn’t hit him, was a huge concern. Not really captured on TV where the camera follows the ball. Hooker was smart on his positioning, but struggled to move.

I would think he’d be a candidate to miss the Adelaide game, which would give him a 15 day break (and one flight).

1 Like

The coaching team must protect him from himself and give him a rest. He is the sort of bloke who will play injured for the team. He needs more than a jab to recover from this. He is too important to the team now we have NO Hurley. Please rest him.

6 Likes