#26 Cale "Thank You Mr" Hooker - rejects a brown paper bag from FCFC

If he can’t move then stick him in the forward line. It’s not like anyone moves up there anyway.

6 Likes

Underrated post.

1 Like

I know we should get an update on the Skins Injury update but do those journos who attend Woosha’s Tuesday presser even watch Essendon.

He could barely move the whole last quarter but does anyone ask about him? Nope

I reckon the fact that Woosha mentions Hartley and Zerk may mean Hooker in doubt (We already know Hurley is out)

3 Likes

Always ask 5 questions around the same thing. ‘Big game this one, do you think it’s big?’

3 Likes

They studied journalism for 3 years at uni so they could learn how to ask that question.

2 Likes

Especially when Ambrose has been ticked off.
Although I would prefer him getting through Adelaide and a definite rest against Suns.

Adelaide is 6 day break then Suns 9 day break.

So if he can get up for Adelaide then he will get the 9 days to recover for Suns.

I just have a feeling that it makes more sense to rest him this week then play suns. This way he has had 15 days in between games which is a good break for a lingering issue

4 Likes

With Ambrose cleared, and the likely matchup for Tex, Hooker should be rested and Hartley brought in to cover Jenkins.

With Hurley gone we can’t afford to break Hooker as well.

3 Likes

What if Hooker doesn’t answer the call from the selectors to be dropped?

19 Likes

Whether Hooker plays forward, back or in the ruck we need one of his epic games tomorrow night.

I know he’s playing injured at the moment but if anyone is capable of it, it’s the big fella.

3 Likes

He will be in defence.

Clearly he’s struggling, no way they would put him in ruck with his crook back.

Hartley will be forward/second ruck

1 Like

Check out Cale’s cramp at 3:07

1 Like

I think you’re wrong. I think he’ll play forward. Hartley back and Hartley will follow Jenkins into the ruck

4 Likes

I wouldn’t mind that but they rarely have defenders as second ruck.

I get that he could just follow Jenkins but Smack is not as fit as O’Brien (he is super fit) so that will be a problem

Why does everyone seem to think Hartley will play ruck? Has Woosha said so? Because when he’s played it at VFL level that I’ve seen, he’s been terrible.

I’d literally prefer to play Stringer.

Woosh said it’s a likely option.

If Hartley rucks, Hooker would need to be back. Imagine losing centre clearance and having both Harts and Hooker out of position.

3 Likes

With Hurls out i can’t see him going forward.

2 Likes

I think our defence can cope without Hooker - Ambrose is one the fittest in the league and he should cover Walker comfortably. Jenkins has struggled a lot this year, got dropped few times, there’s no reason that Hartley can’t take care of Jenkins. Saad has played well on Betts in the past, we can trust Redman to do his job. It’d be better for the team if Hooker plays forward this round, imo.

I am not expecting us to win but shut down Solane, suffocate their forward line, get the ball i50 at all costs, we have a chance.

3 Likes

My concern is that Hurls and Hooker are our best defencive contested marking players. Ambrose and Hartley just like to get a fist on it. If McKenna, Saad and Redman are busy cleaning up spilled balls all day they might be too knackered to run.

Really going to be interesting to see how they structure up. They might start with Hooker back and move him forward if our midfield is holding up.