#26 Kaine Baldwin - till 2024

Yih.

This also means he will be promoted from the Rookie list as his 3 years is up (max time on a rookie list)

5 Likes

Great news for him and the club.

9 Likes

Trotters again with that sweet, sweet OIL.

13 Likes

Can we get this thread back on track.

It’s sunny here today

16 Likes

weather is great today and Baldwin signed on woo!

Awesome weather here too. A bit windy but otherwise warm and sunny. Oh and nice one Baldwin.

1 Like

Starts in the back six in round 1 or GTFO.

3 Likes

Congratulations Balders…

FYI marketing department, maybe utilise some of his footage as a backman this year rather than chopping old footage as a forward.

5 Likes

I reckon he has definitely shown enough for 2 years but very glad he is staying.

6 Likes

interesting that both menzie and Baldwin are only on one year contracts. I wonder if that’s what the club wanted or because players are banking on CBA probably coming in and wanting a bigger payday.

3 Likes

2024 needs to be a concussion free year for him

11 Likes

Fixed

1 Like

Beautiful day on the Sunny Coast capped off by the very good news (finally- thanks @Trotters for your inside scoop) of Baldwin staying on for another year. I could not understand why he didn’t get more games this year but hopefully now he can consolidate a spot on the backline.

5 Likes

Heard enough whispers that i don’t think Scott rates him as highly as other defenders. When Cox got the call up from VFL and played initially some defense over Balders… thats when i thought it was the case as well… as Cox VFL was ok at best (translated to seniors too) where as Balders was very impressive

6 Likes

I’m enjoying seeing these 1 year contract extensions and making them wait for it. It keeps these kids hungry, honest and working hard for more opportunity.

8 Likes

seems like he and Voss fall into the same category there.

not great when they do perform and get poor treatment and Weiderman fails and get better treatment.

6 Likes

Geez Scott doesn’t like both roomates.

3 Likes

Good to see him get a year. BTW I can say that, at least as of last week, he is not living the high life in foreign parts…saw him at Melb. Uni. Coincidentally walking past the gym, into which he was peering, but at the time not entering. Anyway perhaps expanding his mind in academic ways in the off season

3 Likes

I’m pretty sure he actually attends Melb Uni. There was an a article when we drafted him that mentioned he’d had to go through a bunch of paperwork to transfer his course from the uni he was at up on the Gold Coast.

6 Likes