#27 Jonathon Giles

R.I.P. DJR. He’s lost his mind with grief.

Dale Kickett 3 clubs in 3 seasons too fwiw

The reason this deal is so crucial is that it helps to increase the salary cap space we’re going to need to pay Buckets’ million and a half first year salary when we redraft him in the PSD to stop him getting to the Aints.

He doesn’t miss.

He doesn't miss.

Probably the main reason WCE wanted him.

He is going to be one of those players that I’ll forget actually was on our list, until I hear some journo or commentator mention “former Essendon player”.

Then I’ll be like, “the fark?, when did he play for us?”

what was so bad about him again?

Considering we diminished his value in the toilet playing non ruckman in the ruck ahead of him getting a 5 pick upgrade for him was a sensational effort.

I would have taken Giles and pick 63 for pick 88 tbh

Like he had any value to begin with

We tracked the great mans progress for fours years before snaring him. Don’t tell me we haven’t lost anything…

Officially Jon the journeyman

Come on, picks above 50 are just used to upgrade rookies. Throwing in a pick is not steakknives its a tooth pick. Joke.

We tracked the great mans progress for fours years before snaring him. Don't tell me we haven't lost anything...
Well, you've certainly lost your mind if you believed the whole "we've been tracking him" spiel.
He is going to be one of those players that I'll forget actually was on our list, until I hear some journo or commentator mention "former Essendon player".

For me, Giles will always be in my heart.

How many other blokes have played in four states?

They’ve given Giles a 3 year deal. Wowee!

Giles would have been a great ruckman if this was the late 90’s/early 00’s. Unfortunately they need contributions around the ground now.

He is going to be one of those players that I'll forget actually was on our list, until I hear some journo or commentator mention "former Essendon player".

For me, Giles will always be in my heart.

He’s begiled you

How many other blokes have played in four states?

That is a good point! I reckon he would definitely be the first. Adrian Fletcher played in 3 and that’s as close as I can think.

We tracked the great mans progress for fours years before snaring him. Don't tell me we haven't lost anything...
Well, you've certainly lost your mind if you believed the whole "we've been tracking him" spiel.

Looks like I haven’t lost my mind then. I do like that we’ve tracked Leuenberger for the last 8 years though…