So boring this discussion. time keeps draggin’ on

But that giles train keeps on rolling

On down to Patersonnnsss
(dammit changed it’s name this year)

goneski, gurgeski

Jon Giles is a fulsom person who is also a journeyman in the AFL

COME AT ME

And when I hear that Carlisle whistle, I hang mah head and cry.

Jon Giles is a fulsom person who is also a journeyman in the AFL

COME AT ME

And when I hear that Carlisle whistle, I hang mah head and cry.

When Jake was just a baby his mumma told him “son always be a good boy, dont ever film your drugs”

I see Jonathan Giles retired last year and now we hear theres a bit of a back story. I suppose he was the only ruckman available at the time. I wonder if he had a bone on bone knee when he was at the Bombers? Probably.

JONATHAN Giles had known for years that his degenerative knee was a ticking time bomb that could hasten the end of his football career.

But that didn’t make pulling the pin last September, still with a season to run on his West Coast contract, any easier.

“You want to play footy forever, but there’s got to be a time when you say ‘enough’s enough’,” Giles told AFL.com.au.

“My knee was too sore, I couldn’t train enough or play to the ability I wanted to.”

There was also life after football to consider.

Constant grinding of bone on bone in Giles’ knee was only getting worse and the jumping, landing and sheer combativeness of playing in the ruck wasn’t helping. …"

I also wonder that West Coast had him signed up through to 2018 in spite of the almost certain knowledge he had a degenerative knee condition

So, really, where is the “duty of care” with degenerative conditions ? If players want to play on do clubs get them to sign a waiver? Do the players eg. Cooney have any recourse to Workcare for degenerative conditions which occur in sport when playing on is going to make the condition worse ?

Who is responsible GWS, Essendon or West Coast ? IMO, its 100% Giles own responsibility.
As he said: “It’s always in the back of your head, down the line how is your body going to feel?”

1 Like

… And he doesn’t miss.

“Journeyman”… here we go again.

1 Like