#27 Mason Redman - till end 2028

Lets hope its a formality as they’ve been discussing this extension since the start of the season by the looks of it and nothing to show for it yet.

what a rollercoaster this thread is.

3 people generally with good sources of info.
first it’s melbourne and goody chasing hard
then it’s nah goody doesn’t have a relationship with him, but others are interested.
to nah he’s staying.

interesting hypothetical though, i wonder who people would rather sign more if it had to be one or the other, redman or tippa ??

Tippa

I dont think you can comprehend how soul destroying it would be if he left, mainly for the young fans.

He’s practically been a shining light deflecting the drugs saga tarnishing cloud away from the club.

14 Likes

Mr Sunbury has good info, I’m not discrediting that info just stating that Goodwin wasn’t at essendon when Redman was drafted.

1 Like

Say what?

Threads running at a pretty high Wattage all of a sudden, …

1 Like

Tippa’s important but not at any price. If keeping him means losing one or more of Redman, Francis or Clarke I think I’d let him go. We can’t sacrifice our future.

1 Like

Ummm, yeah I’d lose Clarke to keep Walla.

10 Likes

Sorry I’m keeping Tippa over Francis.

4 Likes

Walla leave the Bombers??

Are you blokes smoking crack??

6 Likes

I’d be backing @Aceman’s mail on this one

1 Like

Not sure how much I rate an article that says Parish is out of contract.

the article is rough;y 3 months old, before parish was resigned

Everyone that I know with Essendon supporting kids love him.

1 Like

lol Goodwin. Maybe Simon should worry less about where Mason is gonna be plying his trade next year and worry more about his own job.

Also an easy fix to the extra dollars Mason will need - Take it from Zaharakis’ pay cheque.

Redman’s one-on-one defending has been questionable in recent weeks - He struggles when up against the best medium forward and teams drag him back to the square - he needs to improve this aspect of his game.

1 Like

Agree
That should actually be a Gleeson job - for all the stick Marty cops from some here he’s actually a safer bet playing deep than Redman.
Another example of how there’s still work to be done in getting our backs synchronised.

1 Like

Wait, where is this coming from? Has Stevo just put another one of his investment properties on the line?

Reality is we don’t have a medium defender who can play deep accountable 1 on 1 football with the best. I have nightmares of Gleeson being stuck one out with a De Goey type and getting thrown round like a rag doll. Redman more an aggressive rebounder off a flank, Ridley not physical enough, Francis prefers to zone off. Need to find one in the draft. Dean Solomon would be perfect.

That’s what Ambrose is for.

2 Likes