#27 Mason Redman - till end 2028

Let's say hurls takes a 750k contract a year for 6 years.

That’s 4.5M

Minus tax

I don’t live in Melbourne. My sister does - it’s ■■■■■■ expensive. Even on that salary it’s not like Hurley is buying his house in cash.

My heart bleeds for the battler.

You should go into politics.

If I was 18 and getting paid $140k I'd consider myself pretty damn well off.

Not if you had to put up with your work owning you 24/7.
Not allowed to have a few bevvies with your other 18yo mates for fear of being caught by some media grub or being belted by some flog. Having to watch what you eat and worry about what WADA banned substances there are in your food/drink. They sacrifice a lot to get that money.
I’d rather take the 80k a year and have a beer and a bong when I feel like it and head over to Bali every few months but hey everyone’s different :slight_smile:

just do a neymar, hide everything at your dads.

Could get Messi, particularly if you see it on a Graf.

We should Kane you for that

Mase.

Sorry I don’t have much sympathy for most footy players. They are well compensated for the relatively small sacrifices they make plus there’d be a ■■■■ ton of benefits.

Of course guys like Pears and Gumby etc have a rough time and you gotta feel for them.

Those poor starving footy players starving on six figure salaries. FFS, get some perspective.

That’s the funny thing about perspective, everyone’s got their own

Compared to some soccer players who get 500k a week its chump change what our boys get

Is it just me that thinks it’s nice he’s both been offered the chance, presumably because they rate him and also that he’s happy to be here? WTF is the problem with what he’s getting for it?

Compared to some soccer players who get 500k a week its chump change what our boys get

But we don’t have a worldwide tv audience forking out the cash.

whats all this got to do with mason redman?
Thought i was in the hurley thread for a second.

Something about this bloke…that double touch-controlled grab he took in the VFL was just this little window of ‘wow’ and reminded me of Hird immediately. Not comparing the two, but yeah, I’d be confident this guy becomes a terrific player for us- and from reports his work ethic is phenomenal. Our 2015 draft crop is a belter IMO.

Redman says pffffttt!

He’s happy with his new contract and looking to tear it up…

On the track that is, not his new contract!

Redman says pffffttt!

He’s happy with his new contract and looking to tear it up…

On the track that is, not his new contract!

I thought you were going to say Connors is his manager…only sign contracts because you’ve then got something to tear up.

Good interview with young Mason on ABC Grandstand.

Good interview with young Mason on ABC Grandstand.

Had to laugh at the bit where the interviewer said “when people see you in the deli do they stop and say that’s Mason Redman!” Well spoken is young Mase.

Have a cousin who knows his family well. He’s a Saints fan but is following Mason pretty closely (went to watch him at his debut game). He can’t speak highly enough of the Redmans. Despite being a saints fan (my uncle’s fault) he’s a pretty switched on guy and knows he’s going to give his AFL career absolutely everything. Reflects on the reports that he’s staying behind at training and doing the extra yards. Someone posted a while back that they were watching a VFL game early in the season and an opposition scout mentioned he’s going to be a gun. It’s enough to give me hope. Has the right attitude and the ability. That’s what we want and that’s how young blokes get somewhere.

Tony Abbott was rumoured to have fathered a love child once. Mason Redman does remind me a little (unfortunately)
Huh? It wasn't a rumour, its well known. And his son is in his late twenties.

Abbott on the job. It’d be like watching Gollum ■■■■.

Yes, and in this movie he gets the ring

Have a cousin who knows his family well. He's a Saints fan but is following Mason pretty closely (went to watch him at his debut game). He can't speak highly enough of the Redmans. Despite being a saints fan (my uncle's fault) he's a pretty switched on guy and knows he's going to give his AFL career absolutely everything. Reflects on the reports that he's staying behind at training and doing the extra yards. Someone posted a while back that they were watching a VFL game early in the season and an opposition scout mentioned he's going to be a gun. It's enough to give me hope. Has the right attitude and the ability. That's what we want and that's how young blokes get somewhere.

So your saying he’s still in the frame???

Definitely a chance to still make it …

Definitely a chance to still make it ...

Haha. I’ve been sitting on that for ages. The discussion made me laugh because your reaction was the same as the reaction I had in my brain.

WTF!

I kept quiet. Your response was fking hilarious…and warranted…mostly…poor fella. Haha.