#27 Mason Redman - till end 2028

Can people actually explain/describe his game? What was it that excited about him? Any big highlights? What are his weapons/positives?

Thinks his way through situations and makes good decisions. the type of player who can be damaging with limited disposals. Possibly a Reg Burgess type.

For those of us under sixty, Reg Burgess is a name and a picture in the history books. How he played I have no idea.

He was a very, very classy centreman/wingman but I don’t see much similarity to Redman.

The similarity that struck me was his decision making and the ability to be damaging without needing a million possessions. Burgess was a long time ago though in a different era so I won’t push the comparison too hard.

Saw 40 new posts and thought there was some great discussions on Redman and maybe some videos. Instead just some stupid sayings that make no sense. Once again I need to do a 360 and go find another thread.

If you did a 360 you would be in the same place, maybe a 90 or 180?

Peeto for the win. End sub thread. Now let’s get back on tangent, Mason goes alright, discus.

Saw 40 new posts and thought there was some great discussions on Redman and maybe some videos. Instead just some stupid sayings that make no sense. Once again I need to do a 360 and go find another thread.

Peeto for the win. End sub thread. Now let’s get back on tangent, Mason goes alright, discus.

Any good at the shot put?

Alm like a canon

Only when he’s hammered.

Only when he’s hammered.

Should we discus?

He was very impressive today. He has whet the appetite.

Thank you for not writing ‘wet

Yep, rapped about that

I was waiting for an answer like that with baited breath.

I don’t see the relevance of these mute points.

Me either. They don’t exactly win the argument in one foul swoop.

More correctly BD, “one fell swoop” but I suppose we all get your drift.

Speaking of getting the drift

In lame man’s terms, how ironic.

Correct use of common phrases is really falling by the waste side.

Lol. Some good ones in that lot ! Typical example of a bifurcated thread with some posters trying desperately to stay on topic.

Can people actually explain/describe his game? What was it that excited about him? Any big highlights? What are his weapons/positives?

Thinks his way through situations and makes good decisions. the type of player who can be damaging with limited disposals. Possibly a Reg Burgess type.

Wow! Big call.

For those of us under sixty, Reg Burgess is a name and a picture in the history books. How he played I have no idea.

He was a very, very classy centreman/wingman but I don’t see much similarity to Redman.

The similarity that struck me was his decision making and the ability to be damaging without needing a million possessions. Burgess was a long time ago though in a different era so I won’t push the comparison too hard.

Very wise Jackie, mixing with people who are ignorant of our platinum class players can cause degeneration in your Mensa score.

Has height, pace, clean skills and vision.

WIngman for sure.

Only when he’s hammered.

Should we discus?

You’ve all fallen at the first hurdle

Only when he’s hammered.

Should we discus?

I should relay that I’m making all of this up

Very wise Jackie, mixing with people who are ignorant of our platinum class players can cause degeneration in your Mensa score.

Reg was a permanent fixture in our team for six or seven years in the 1950s, then in 1960 he upped sticks and went back to the bush. He’s over 80 now and still living back home in Apsley. If you’re ever down that way, drop in and say hello.

One of our all-time greatest footballers. He was our centreman, but Jack Clarke, a great rover, wanted to play centre. Honestly he wasn’t as good a centreman as Reg, but he was captain, so Reg went out on the wing.

I hadn’t seen the similarity between Redman and Burgess until Jackie suggested it. It’s an interesting idea. Redman will spend a lot of time in the centre, no doubt: he makes every disposal count maximum.

As Bruce would say, Redman is Speeeeeeecial.

Cheap wine and I'm feeling good

She’s alright, fat Canada lady.

Wrapped up like a douche, another corona in the night

Well, I, voted, rock n’ roll.

Alm like a canon

Shooting coins to the poor?

Looks like I won the game. 5 likes for me, 14 for the whooshka

Only when he’s hammered.

Should we discus?

I should relay that I’m making all of this up

In that case you should pass the baton to someone else.

These puns are still going? Marathon effort.

They have had a good run.

Hasn’t been a high jump in quality though.