#27 Mason Redman - till end 2028

No. But at least they’ve stayed on track.

No. But at least they've stayed on track.

Still has a few hurdles in front of him.

Skipped a lot of this thread full of ■■■■ puns, but for me, on the weekend he reminded so much of one of the best 1/2 back flankers we have had in many a year, Sean Wellman. Not quite Sean’s build, and slightly different run but the way he attacked the ball and disposed of it by hand and foot just put Wellman in my mind.

You guys are ■■■■■■ ■■■■ heads.

Going to lock you all in the pole vault.

This bloke is the reason Laverde ain’t getting the coin he wants…

Really like what he offers

I dunno though what is his attribute that stands out? I don't think he is a very good mark, isn't overly quick, isn't strong and isn't a great kick for goal and is mid size.
I miss Hirdy.

I dunno though what is his attribute that stands out? I don’t think he is a very good mark, isn’t overly quick, isn’t strong and isn’t a great kick for goal and is mid size. He seems to have good work ethic they say but i just can’t see him having a standout attribute which you need at the top level imo. Plus that role we have laverde, francis, langford and begley who all have 10 years in front of them as potentially mid size half forwards.

I don't really see it with either of our 3rd and 4th pick from last year in redman and morgan. I was suprised Redman got resigned so early, but must be a good bloke around the club, always seems happy.

Some of the flashes Redman showed in the VFL last year were seriously exciting. I agree about Morgan who I am less optimistic about.

Redman’s game against Collingwood at Victoria Park early on in the year where he kicked 3 or 4 in a half was extremely promising. I’m pretty confident he’ll be a player.

I don't really see it with either of our 3rd and 4th pick from last year in redman and morgan. I was suprised Redman got resigned so early, but must be a good bloke around the club, always seems happy.

Some of the flashes Redman showed in the VFL last year were seriously exciting. I agree about Morgan who I am less optimistic about.

Wingman is what he'll be eventually

Mason Wingman?

Wingman Redman.

Redman is the new Jerret who is the new Dyson who was the new Bullen

I don’t really see it with either of our 3rd and 4th pick from last year in redman and morgan. I was suprised Redman got resigned so early, but must be a good bloke around the club, always seems happy.

Wingman is what he'll be eventually

Mason Wingman?

Wingman is what he’ll be eventually

Dodorro has had a focus on players recently who can play forward and potentially go into the midfield. Laverde, Langford, Walla, Green, Fantasia, Zerret (probably initially), Begley, Long, Edwards and Redman in the last four drafts/trades. It creates pretty strong competition for roles in that slot, and Redman is behind a number fighting for senior positions. Obviously the club sees a bit and we’ll see how he develops.

He did the dont argue again, this time with his knee. Left the Suns guy writhing in agony on the ground . Seems like Mason knows how to look after himself.

He does. Belted the cover out of an opposition player (Werribee I think?) in response to a late tackle, not sure how he didn’t get reported frankly

It's tough getting a kick playing small forward. He doesn't have the tricks or raw pace of someone like Fanta, Walls or Greene, so maybe that's not his role long term. I think he needs to put on some size as a priority so he can be used in other roles.

Smart footballer, good user of the ball.

I’d like to see him play half back in the VFL.

So, lets see what he has to offer on the HBF, at EFC you have to wait your turn to audition there.

It's tough getting a kick playing small forward. He doesn't have the tricks or raw pace of someone like Fanta, Walls or Greene, so maybe that's not his role long term. I think he needs to put on some size as a priority so he can be used in other roles.

Smart footballer, good user of the ball.

I’d like to see him play half back in the VFL.

Fair point well made.