#27 Mason Redman - till end 2028

What do you base that opinion on wob?

1 Like

Statistically he’s less likely to make it as an AFL player than he is to get thrown out the door never to be seen again in 1-2 years

mounts hobby horse

Can thread poster/mod please remove the “Welcome to Essendon” and maybe chuck a #27 (for easy thread searching) in the title please.
Mason was drafted to the club in November 2015.

1 Like

I don’t think he has enough weapons to make it. I don’t see a real attribute that makes him stand out. Generally you need a few strings to your bow, And i don’t think he has enough to make it as a consistent afl player.

Of course I hope I’m wrong, I’d love him to make it and hope he does. But I just don’t see it with him unfortunately

He has speed for his size. He is a good set shot, as well as field kick. He takes a good mark. He is aggressive at the ball and at the man. He is extremely competitve and hates to be beaten. Those are a couple of strings. He may make it yet.

2 Likes

How many times have you even seen him play?

1 Like

I don’t think he gets it enough for those attributes to matter. this is at vfl level too from the 3-4 games i saw last year.

I agree with that.
But there’s still time. I think he’ll be a utility as mentioned above somewhere, ranging between the arcs.

So 18 months after he was drafted Blitzers are ready to write a young player off, based on next to nothing. Just because he hasn’t taken the football world by storm like Zack has. Sheesh, some people are hard to please, others are just plain impossible. How about we wait and see, give him the rest of the year, and perhaps next as well, before we write him off as hopeless.

4 Likes

Couldn’t you use that to describe 99% of all AFL players? Sounds like a lot of noise that talk. Does any player like to be beaten? Aren’t most players competitive? And I haven’t see much to suggest his marking or field kicking ability is any better than most average AFL players.

But like wob I hope I’m wrong. He’s still young and has time on his hands to develop.

1 Like

And people think McKernan hasn’t been given a chance. Fark me.

4 Likes

Honestly we shouldn’t open player threads until they’ve played at least 50 games.

I think you may have misspelled McNernan though.

3 Likes

I thought he looked good last year.

Will slot in nicely as a HFF/Mid in two years.

Strange comment. Many players don’t even get to 50 games. Or do you include VFL?

1 Like

twice in the vfl live, a few replays of vfl footy, and his senior appearances/pre season on tv. Does that not mean I can’t have a opinion?

Just trying to figure out a way to stop people having opinions on players.

1 Like

Oh ■■■■ up you precious drama queen. At what stage did I say he is hopeless. I said I don’t think he will make it, that’s just my opinion and I stated my reasons why. Of course I want him to make it, I want every single player who pulls on our great jumper to make it , but reality is not every single one does

But like ■■■■■■■ normal, if you have a opinion here that is contrary to the popular one, people are straight on you like flies on ■■■■ and completely go straight in the defensive. Can we not have a constructive conversation about a player? Whether it’s good or bad? Or should we just pretend everyone’s awesome and guaranteed to succeed and NEVER flag the possibility that someone might not be up to it. Fk off

3 Likes

At what stage did l reference you?

1 Like

Has the don’t argue manoeuvre down pat