#27 Mason Redman - till end 2028

Really like him!

Stays for remainder of the season

Ridley needs more or Gleeson will take his spot

Last week, it was a 1970s car yard salesman sports jacket. Same one?

Ridley has been great. Wonā€™t be playing VFL again unless returning from injury

Need a pic of a similar jacket so I can form my own judgementā€¦

Dodoro needs to take him under his wing

1 Like

He has been but Gleeson once fit is better, he needs to keep on improving to keep it

They will find a spot for Ridley, no way he isnā€™t in our best

Gleeson will never be as good a kick as Ridley, not even close TBH.
Ridley will probably put some some beef on that frame of his which will allow us to play him on a wider range of opponents.

Big question mark if Gleeson ever recovers fully from a very serious ankle break.
Personally feel we will trade him at yearā€™s end.

Gleeson is about to come into his prime.

One of our best intercept marks we have and reads the play very well.

Ridley is great but still learning the game, he has an excellent future with us. Both are part of our futureā€¦Hooker and Hurley arenā€™t getting younger, especially Hooker who Id say has 2 good years left and 2021 maybe his last season, if not 2022.

Both these 2 have bright futures ahead of them.

1 Like

Mentioning Hooker and Hurleyā€™s ages is irrelevant with regards to Gleeson, as he could never replace what they do.
Francis and Zerk are the current likely replacements.

Some of what Gleeson can do, the bold play on and creative ball use by hand and foot, is achieved by Saad and McKenna only much better.
In terms of a versatile medium size type player being used as a designated kicker out of the D50, a vitally important role in modern football, Ridley and Redman have him covered, and the difference is stark.

I like Gleeson, but heā€™s been surpassed, is surplus to our needs, and may struggle to fully overcome that terrible injury in the short to medium term.

IMO, trade at yearā€™s end for a pick upgradeā€¦

3 Likes

Not dissimilar to this

I didnā€™t have the pleasure of dealing with car salesman in the 1970s but it wouldnā€™t surprise me if thatā€™s what they wore.

Whoahā€¦thatā€™s sick !

Where can I acquire this jacket ???

2 Likes

hahahaā€¦nah, thatā€™s not the same one.
That one there is something Robert Redford would have worn in some movie. Iā€™ll see if I can find a picā€¦

edit;;; lol how did I even know thisā€¦

1 Like

Has everyone forgotten that Gleeson canā€™t tackle?

Absence makes the heart grow fonder.

1 Like

Nup keeper

He is underrated, before his injury was hitting prime. I hope he comes into the seniors in second half of the season. Needs to build firm in the 2ā€™s and Iā€™m confident he will come in

1 Like

Only if 1 of Ridley/Redman get injured, and even then, the coaches will be desperate to continue Francisā€™ development in the 1ā€™s (despite him being a slightly different type).

I think there is a very real chance that Gleeson has played his last senior game for us.
{I have nothing against him}

I reckon he will play again for us but Ridley, Francis and Redman are all better players and are younger