#27 Mason Redman - till end 2028

So did Hurley in the Preseason Comp

This!!!

People need to go back and view, he was our most important intercept mark before injury hit and coming along beautifully

Are you Gleesonā€™s mother?

Yeah nah

How about we get this thread back on track. So that Myers needs to lift hey?

2 Likes

Nah yeah.

1 Like

Yeah, yeah nah.

#27 Mason ā€˜Legit Gunā€™ Redman

3 Likes

I strongly agree with notion.
Both posses natural trait for good mids
Ridleys kicking is sublime, his reach is very good to knock on balls to advantage in tight.
As he grows he could become Fyfe like - he has the full tool kit imo.

Redman is an extremely fit and a courageous two way runner. An absolute natural midfielder with great competitiveness. Would love him to play occasional stints on the wing half forward & through the middle.

I could see Redman playing Parishā€™s role very easily. McNeice can play Redmans position without much issue - overall Rodman is solid upgrade on Parish & Mcneice is pretty good to play a small running or lock down defender role.

McNeices form in the twos would allow this to happen in the same way that Parishā€™s form makes him highly droppable.

1 Like

On the Couch had a ā€œgoodā€ session on him

Can we limit that crux to Langford only, please?

2 Likes

Lol

Just go back and watch his highlights when he started too become an important backman for us, especially his intercept marks

Thought same on Redman.

Love to see him as HFF and deliver lace out too our forwards.

We need more of this kind of delivery rather than bombing it long all the time.

1 Like

@36.30 minutes

4 Likes

Really happy to see him progress into the player he is. Already proved himself as best 22 at such a early section of his career. The concern over the next 2-4 years will be consistency from injury. He looks like one of those players who may continually have soft tissue injuries. If he is lucky and gets over that he will end up with top 10 finishes in our B/F as early as this year.

McNiece had a good game Saturday so heā€™s being spruiked as a gun again.

FFS heā€™s had one good AFL game IMO and if we canā€™t fit Gleeson and Francis into the backline, we sure as ā– ā– ā– ā–  canā€™t fit McNiece in.

11 Likes

Has he ever really been given a go at AFL level?

Before the year started said I said (along with many others on here) that he was going to be the one to watch this year. So glad heā€™s justifying the hype, heā€™s a gun.

Redman has shown more Fyfe like urgency in 8 games than Langford has shown in 49 games

5 Likes

Yep, and I think it is kinda too late to use him as depth - he simply doesnā€™t have enough experience for his age (eight games). The only thing he has going for himself is that he is the only small defender we have physically ready for a call up to the seniors.