#27 Mason Redman - till end 2028

Punching the ball out of the opposition’s hands while he was on the ground - shows footy smarts, awareness and competitive spirit.

9 Likes

One of the few shining lights yesterday. Leave him in defence and let him build his career there

5 Likes

Is a good player this kid and put his heart and soul on the line.

1 Like

This kid could be something really special.

Okay, let me ask you this…

Is it acceptable for a late 40’s man to attend games in an Essendon jumper with the number 27 on the back ?

Hypothetical question, of course.

2 Likes

Absolutely

3 Likes

Id assume you were a Simon Madden loyalist from way back. Id give you the nod of respect.

8 Likes
2 Likes

Will get a jumper upgrade at the end of the season no doubt.

12 would look great on Redman.

He has a lot of Hodge about him I reckon

The club better ensure he has a Cab Charge or company Uber account available at all times then

Old-school Laycock fan.

Nice.

1 Like

Nahh, Matthew Allan fan for sure.

The real question is who is gonna wear number 4 in the coming years?

assuming Langers isn’t around.

Draw the line at face painting though

I would say that Redman has been our best performing youngster in 2019. He needs to continue to be picked.
My guess is he’ll be sticking to the back flank this year with a move to outside mid in 2020.

2 Likes

12 is not an upgrade from 27

8 Likes

Love the way Redman has gone this year - especially off the back of an injury interrupted preseason - very un Essington like. The big question for me now is if he will just be a backline general for his entire career or does he have something in him that will see him develop into a midfielder?

1 Like

I dont think you really need to pose this question, and methinks you already know the answer. :wink:

Hint: It’s inevitable.

1 Like

We find and develop an excellent backman, one to build a backline around, and people want him moved to the wing and midfield. Seriously?

8 Likes

So true