#27 Mason Redman - till end 2028

They tried him as a forward for a year in the vfl. He has said since that he had absolutely no idea. He was literally asking teammates during games what to do. In his own words, he’s not a forward.

Also, this guy should be taking all the kickouts

7 Likes

Love him

Love this ■■■■

He kicked 5 goals in the vfl in one match so I assume that was as a forward

I could watch him kick the footy all day

An absolute thing of beauty

5 Likes

teaching my kids how to kick the footy. I. tell them to watch every time Redman gets the ball

1 Like

This bloke is everything you want in a player. Star.

5 Likes

If he gets a good run of games will be AA in next 2 years. Allows McKenna to play wing. What an absolute ripper of a player.

1 Like

Pick 29 Morgan
Pick 30 Redman

Sack Dodoro

5 Likes

He’s a gun, locked down that HBF spot good enough to keep Francis out.

Would’ve been a massive fail if he bombed out on those 2 picks. Mase is a keeper. Love it when he has the ball in his hands, rarely wastes it.

Has a natural sliver of white line fever in him that I love, and we need.

Plus skill.

13 Likes

Ok not a forward. He convinced me he can play anywhere last night. Suppose that’s my point. He is such a complete player. HB & wing seem the obvious spots.

1 Like

Would love to see him rotate through the middle next year, he’s a good size and has some real aggression.

2 Likes

He does indeed. Both overhead, but below the knees. Clean hands. Excellent kick. Excellent for overhead spoiling. And comes back for second efforts if things don’t go right.

And given his inexperience it’s impressive he has the confidence and calmness to perform that “Goddard role” taking the ball out of defence.

1 Like

Think they are playing Ridley forward in the VFL for exactly your reasoning. Both Redman and Ridley are supreme talents. Makes sense to turn at least one of them into a forward option.

3 Likes

It feels like he’s crept up on us but we have a new star.

2 Likes

Get a big 4yr contract in front of him, Jet.

Sorry if this has been mentioned but is he still eligible for a Rising Star nom?