#28 kav!

The one thing you couldn't ever accuse Essendon of is impatience.
Hope he gets a crack next year. We need a good news story, him and guys like Browne/Merrett/NO'B/Gleeson coming through could really provide that.

Dont forget Dalgliesh!

the game against Brisbane where he got absolutely smashed, came back on and played out the game earned my full respect.

Looking forward to him getting some more games. Just needs to keep putting the weight on.Still a very skinny kid.

The kid can seriously play!

Allot of what he does goes unnoticed, blocks, touches out of packs, quick handballs in traffic. He will be like Corey Enright (hopefully) a long career recognised for his greatness towards the end.

That mugshot he looks a bit like Gumbletron. Obviously tiny version though.

Progressing nicely. Don’t be impatient.

Need an extra line-breaker in the midfield, hopefully he and Colyer can force their way into the side and add that pace. He showed glimpses at times but 3rd year in he has to make a mark…

Was always one that was going to take time but would’ve liked him to dominate a few games at VFL level

The kid can seriously play!
Allot of what he does goes unnoticed, blocks, touches out of packs, quick handballs in traffic. He will be like Corey Enright (hopefully) a long career recognised for his greatness towards the end.

Yep,

From what i has aweness and a touch of class.

Wont get 30 possies but will tap the ball to advantage, sheppard when required and overall knows the game.

Hope he get a full pre season and takes his opportunity when it comes.

Hope to get 12-15 senior games into him next year. 

Has been brilliantly managed by the club in my opinion, came to us with injury concerns and has been carefully managed all the way.

Next year we will start to see the reward of that.

Kid will be a star.

lol gee, this post kinda sums up essendon supporters completely overrating their players. For mine at this stage has shown less than what the hope was for him when he come to the club. His undersized, doesn't get much of it and hasn't shown anything for mine, which is fine. But saying 'kid will be a star' is pretty far fetched based upon what we have seen so far.

His undersized what?

Hope to get 12-15 senior games into him next year. 

Has been brilliantly managed by the club in my opinion, came to us with injury concerns and has been carefully managed all the way.

Next year we will start to see the reward of that.

Kid will be a star.

lol gee, this post kinda sums up essendon supporters completely overrating their players. For mine at this stage has shown less than what the hope was for him when he come to the club. His undersized, doesn't get much of it and hasn't shown anything for mine, which is fine. But saying 'kid will be a star' is pretty far fetched based upon what we have seen so far.

His undersized what?

shouldn't this be in the dal santo thread?

a victim of the most outrageous deliberate out of bounds decision in the history of the game (compare that to hodge blatantly soccering it off the ground to the boundary 10 meters away on centre wing in the GF)

That is bullsh!t.

Please consider the DOoB paid against Mark Harvey against Brisbane in one of the finals of the 1996 series. IIRC (and time may have burnished some of the finer details) we were leading but it was a tight situation late in Q4. Harvs won the ball and had a clearing kick from CHB. The ball went about 60 metres, and eventually bounced and rolled out of bounds.

The maggots paid the free kick against him.

The Bears took the ball back and scored.

We lost the game by 1 point.

And people here still think the maggots don't influence games.

See you in 8 kilos Kav. 

I don't know about star but will be a very handy player.  Knows where the goals are, knows how to play team and knows he has to be patient and bide his time.

i cant see him breaking into the side unless he puts some muscle on.

Just re-watched that third quarter against Freo to get a better idea of what people were talking about and they're spot on: for the first goal he handballed into the 50 for Kommer to run onto, who handballed to Crameri who goaled; for the second goal, Kav kicked it himself; and for the third goal he handballed it to Howlett who goaled. He really did have a big hand in the comeback. Still not sure about the "will be a star" claims though.

I am yet to be convinced about this guy. Apart from a couple of good things against Freo he had no impact in any of his other senior games. Only saw 3 VFL games this season and didn’t see anything from him then. Doesn’t appear to have tricks or special skills and just doesn’t find the ball enough.
He needs to really come on next year, along with Merret, O’Brien, etc.

I think some people might be misunderstanding strength/power and size. Kav for his frame pound for pound would have above average strength and the way he runs hunched over makes him look even smaller.  

Im not saying he will turn out like Kade Simpson but Kav has had a similar start to his career as Kade played reserves for two years and showed little glimpses in his light frame (still light frame now) and from 2005 - 2012  played 150 + consecutive games. 

This year in the VFL Kav played a variety of defensive roles in the midfield and improved his defensive side of his game. 

Please lift.

Can hit a cricket ball mighty hard. Almost killed me with a pull shot once. But he is a quality kid (shouldn't say that we are the same age!), he will prove his worth.

Can hit a cricket ball mighty hard. Almost killed me with a pull shot once. But he is a quality kid (shouldn't say that we are the same age!), he will prove his worth.

Ace tennis player too.

dominates scrabble