Mitch Brown - The Accountant

We got our man! Well one of them.

Pleased, a bit relieved too. We needed a player like this.

Welcome Mitch… now Tippa come on…

Good. I like that there are a few guys ready to play some senior footy next year. Lets hope its a batch of Fletcher, Misiti, Mercuri types that can get a flag with Jobe like they did with Tim.

Oh man. So much good news tonight. Can it get any better?

Not the Brown Benfti wanted.

Forward or back?

Yestin Eades - excitement machine! Perfect for crumbing to Brown!

Very exiting,

Id still like to leave hooker fwd and play brown back.

I wonder if #73 is available :slight_smile:

Uh Oh…Given the video on the EFC website he must have knocked us back.

Uh Oh....Given the video on the EFC website he must have knocked us back.

??

???

from the essendon website:

After 15 games with Geelong, Mitch Brown has been given another shot at AFL level with the Bombers.

Brown featured in the NAB Challenge as one of Essendon’s top up players and was one of the Club’s best performers.

The key position player then returned to the VFL with Sandringham.

“He was excellent in home and away matches, Brown played two outstanding finals, on both occasions moving from the backline to the goal square, kicking five goals against Collingwood and four against Box Hill,” VFL expert Paul Amy said.

“During the season he spent time at both ends of the ground and on the wing, and played every game, proving his fitness.”

Brown is still just 25 and impressed Sandringham with his versatility.

“He didn’t put a foot wrong all year,” Sandringham Coach Paul Hudson said.

“He was strong in defence, very good on the wing and then dominant when we moved him forward.

“He’s the complete package.”

More By Simon Conway

Follow SimonConway12

??

The video link came up with “broken connection”. Fixed now.

Where did he play the majority of the year in the vfl? Be interesting to see if we use him forward or back

Is he any good as a fwd? Looks your sort of level headed backman. Would we play him with JD?

Where did he play the majority of the year in the vfl? Be interesting to see if we use him forward or back

Both ends and on the wings.

In the finals played forward I think and had bags of 4 and 5 goals.

First year where he has played injury free since being drafted originally I think.

Started full forward, kicked a goal-winning four goals on Qwilt.

Wasn’t kicking goals regularly enough, so went to the wing and got a stack of disposals. That included a string of games with 26, 23, 27, and 31 disposals.

Went back for a while.

Ended year gutting the opposition at full-forward.

(or so I hear)

There are a lot of swing options for next year; Joe D is the odd one out, with Worsfold sounding like he doesn’t ever want him leaving the forward line.

MEH

The utility player philosophy of Hird/Thompson persists under Woosha.