Mitch Brown - The Accountant

Really, really good addition to our list.

Woosha likes him, when Ambrose and Brown were fit, they both kept Hartley and Gleeson out of the side.

This has been our greatest show of depth this year, the ability to keep Hooker forward and cover the Ambrose and Brown injury.

Dare I say remember when Fletcher wasn’t available for the 2014 elimination final and we had to rely on Ariel Steinberg. Mind you despite Marty’s great form, I don’t see him covering Ben Brown, but even so Gleeson +5kg is a legit 3rd tall (he did play that night in 2014 too, but probably - 5kg)

Next year we will probably have Francis and Ridley to add to the tall equation, if we begin to play as well as we hope we can, keeping all our tall talent could become a problem.

Hurley, Hooker, Joe, Ambrose, Brown, Hartley, Gleeson, Francis, Stewart, Ridley.

No wonder Dodoro is talking up Ridley and Francis as playing as mids.

2 Likes

Wow, good news. I thought he would be a monty to leave us, as in my view there are a number of clubs he would walk into their best 22 backline. Whereas with us he’s fighting it out with a lot other talls for the roles.

2 Likes

Could play this week. Could be a big boost for the VFL finals campaign.

1 Like

Does he qualify ? Be a great addition if he does.

Yes, as long as he doesn’t play AFL in the last two rounds

which he clearly will not.

3 Likes

Apparently still on the list. Can someone explain to me why?

He is the perfect tall list depth… that’s pretty much why.

6 Likes

Is he? I understand the theory but I’ve never seen the attraction with Brown. We have enough tall depth back, and Smack offers much more as a back up forward/ruck.

I personally can’t understand why we’re not talking about him in the same breath as Jerrett.

2 Likes

He was good this year when he got a game. He can cover down back and up forward. He deserves his place on the list.

2 Likes

Cheap and plays a role when required.

Handy player to have on your list.

3 Likes

I rate Brown as backup. Offers far more than Smack IMO. Can play at both ends of the ground

3 Likes

I must be one out here, but does he really offer much? I just don’t see it

He was actually pretty solid on the few occasions he played seniors this year when not injured

2 Likes

He is no superstar but plays a role and I don’t think he gets beaten by his opponent too often and that all you can ask from him

4 Likes

And along with Gleeson he’s probably our best intercept mark.

1 Like

Agree, I don’t think he’s AFL standard. He’s not terrible, as in he has cost us games, just not sure what he offers.

Good on him if he can stick around for another contract though, he’s not the only one.

He’s not great, but he’s big, he reads it OK and he can kick.
I have him way ahead of Smack.

2 Likes