Mitch Brown - The Accountant

Potentially decent 3rd tall forward next year if he can regain confidence in front of goal. Unlike JD, his kicking action is ok so he should be able to with a bit of work.

Daniher cops all the press for spraying his kicks, but Daniher has a huge work rate compared to Brown, and Browns kicking for goal all year has been horrible and most of his are from that 20-30metres out. Its not AFL standard.

Daniher cops all the press for spraying his kicks, but Daniher has a huge work rate compared to Brown, and Browns kicking for goal all year has been horrible and most of his are from that 20-30metres out. Its not AFL standard.

Also.

Daniher creates opportunities he shouldn’t be able to.

Brown spends them…

Is fatigue a factor into why a lot of the players missing so many very gettable set shot?

Even depth players should be able to kick goals 30 metres right in front
Anyone who kicks straight from 30 out is in our best 5.

So we have no one in our best 5?

I’ve brought it up before but he doesn’t make great decisions with the ball.
If he gets it in the middle of the ground, he holds the ball up (doesn’t handball to guys who are running past) or move the ball quickly into the forwardline.
If he plays deep, he can create goal scoring opportunities but he has not been kicking well recently.

It’s his first full year at AFL level for quite some time and if you consider that alone, I reckon he’s been OK. Wouldn’t mind seeing how he goes with a full strength team next year.

He was brought in as KP depth. Yes, so was Hartley but one has grabbed the current opportunity with both hands and the other is playing like a depth player. We haven’t really lost anything in the long term. I hope we go to the draft with a focus on mids again since Jobe, BJ and Stanton don’t have long to go but we will want to find another KP player soon too. Ambrose has shown he can take a forward out of the game when required which is good news. Gwilt may not be around next season and TBell playing as mostly a forward/ruck chop out has big question marks. Hooker, Hurley, Joe, Hartley and Francis will all likely be best 22 at some stage next season and moving forward. I don’t think that leave room for Brown and it probably shouldn’t either. So we will have Ambrose, Brown and TBell as depth which could go anywhere. Can Jackets find us the next Hooker later in the draft I wonder?

Even depth players should be able to kick goals 30 metres right in front
Anyone who kicks straight from 30 out is in our best 5.

So we have no one in our best 5?

Zac Merett, Parish, Longford and Laverde? I think Hartley would get the job done was well.

Not much love for Browns excellent game in defence against Geelong: Cool under pressure, and very mobile, he limited Rhys Stanley to one goal, played a very competent game and was well organised with good positioning coming out of defence. 18 marks, 22 disposals at 96% efficiency, and 5 rebound 50 kicks. Not bad.

Based on that game I probably prefer him in defence. Lets see.

Not much love for Browns excellent game in defence against Geelong: Cool under pressure, and very mobile, he limited Rhys Stanley to one goal, played a very competent game and was well organised with good positioning coming out of defence. 18 marks, 22 disposals at 96% efficiency, and 5 rebound 50 kicks. Not bad.

Only disappointing thing about his name was he didn’t take 2 more marks and forever strike the name Carlise from our record books

I definitely prefer him in the backline, wasn’t too concerned where he was played this year as we havent exactly got a lot of options but i hope next year he settles in defence

Brown played well absolutely but don't get caught up on the 18 marks. Jack Hill the blind miner would have got 12 of them kicking backwards and Forwards, hence we base a lot of positive talk around stats. I thought it was a very good game of his and he looks natural

Rate him over Gwilt

Worst player since Ambrose.

Only disappointing thing about his name was he didn’t take 2 more marks and forever strike the name Carlise from our record books

No one will ever take the “Biggest screwing of St.Kilda during Trade Period” record off Carlisle. For mine, that is ranked above anything that statistics alone can measure and he should be put in our hall of fame just for that.

Wait did he get that record? Did he equal Carlisle? Or one better him.

I think Carlisle got 19 marks, Brown 18

I think Carlisle got 19 marks, Brown 18

Yeah, record is 19.

You would think someone in the coaches box would have been all over this? /s

Brown was the only player tonget a vote in the coaches award so I’m guessing his performance was recognised.

1 Like

Brown played well absolutely but don't get caught up on the 18 marks. Jack Hill the blind miner would have got 12 of them kicking backwards and Forwards, hence we base a lot of positive talk around stats. I thought it was a very good game of his and he looks natural

True, but in acting as the lynch pin for all the switches as part of the uncontested strategy, he positioned himself very well and , as I recall did not drop any marks, and kicked with a high efficiency. The fact was that most of the Geelong goals were kicked from chains originating from turnovers in our forward line or clearances , not turn overs in our defensive area.