Mitch Brown - The Accountant

As previously stated, a real urgency about him.
And given the height of Cox, played really well.
Gets a fair bit of the footy (which Hartley doesn’t).
Integral part of the team.
His spot to loose.

Was much better yesterday, threw himself into every contest and rarely fumbled considering the conditions. Did his job

Another good game from Brown, more flexible than Hartley (and I really like Hartley). We have wonderful depth in tall backs.

One of the better games I have seen him play.

Played another good game but was better last week.

Earning his keep.

Has a bit of the Nigel Thornberry’s about him these days

10 Likes

I’m a fan of Hartley but Brown’s doing ok…

Here are the comparison stats http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/ft_player_compare?playerStatus1=A&tid1=6&playerStatus2=A&tid2=6&type=A&pid1=3121&pid2=3760&fid1=S&fid2=S

It’s a (very) small sample but Brown has had twice as many kicks/disposals (mostly uncontested) and almost twice as many D50 rebounds, but half as many tackles and 1%ers. I guess that just confirms what we already knew… Brown is the more attacking option.

I’ll reserve judgement until we’ve seen him subdue a big dangerous forward. We know Harts can do this… not sure about Brown. I guess it comes down to match ups.

We have the “problem” that we have a number of good tall backs. I’m loving it.

Given what I’ve seen of Stewart at VFL, Francis showing a few glimpses, we have a bit of depth at both ends with the talls and some real quality. Means we can focus on smalls at draft/trade time, who are both easier to find and quicker to come on.

1 Like

What actually happened today, all I saw was him going off?

Injured leg Hoff.

Not sure on the exact details or severity yet.

1 Like

I’d prefer Heartly

1 Like

Woosh in presser … ankle, not too bad, expects everyone bar Ambo available for next week., … and LAV! of course… :cry: Get well soon Lav.

1 Like

Ha ha ha …faaarrk!!

Essendon defender Mitch Brown will miss the next six weeks with an ankle injury.

The 26 year old suffered the injury late in the match against Melbourne when an opponent fell across his leg in a marking contest.

“Mitch Brown rolled his ankle towards the end of the game and he got carried off,” High Performance Manager Justin Crow said.

“He’s got what’s called an anterior disruption of his syndesmosis.

“That’s means most likely ‘Browny’ will miss six weeks, although these [injuries] can be a little bit unpredictable.

“He’ll be in a boot early because it’s an impact issue, but then we’ll get him going and get a better feel for it over the next few weeks."

Brown had played the last four games for the Bombers, after missing just one match in his debut season at the Club.

His absence is compounded by the confirmation Patrick Ambrose will miss a month with a quad injury.

Ambrose sustained the injury in the last training session ahead of the match against the Demons.

“Patty was kicking in our game activation session the day before the game,” Crow said.

“He does have a quad tear, so he’ll miss four weeks.

“It’s in his kicking leg … he’ll be running next week so in terms of maintaining his fitness, he’ll be ok.

“The biggest issue is kicking, so that takes him to two games before the bye when he’ll look to be returning.”

Despite the loss of two key defenders, Crow said the Bombers had generally pulled up well following a week where the side played two games within six days.

The Dons could be bolstered by the return of the rested Matthew Leuenberger, Aaron Francis and James Kelly for the match against Fremantle.

Lewis the drug dealing dog ■■■■ deliberately cannoned in to him after he’d taken the mark, with intent.

■■■■■■■ scum piece of ■■■■.

2 Likes

I’m getting the distinct feeling you don’t care for Lewis much here Ding …

3 Likes

I wish we had someone like Lewis in our side. Too many choirboys, I’d love a few thugs to dish out a bit of pain

5 Likes

I was trying my best to mask my hatred.

Dishing out hits is one thing.

Driving your knee in to the legs of opponents when play has stopped is the act of a weak prick.

Maybe weak but doing his part to get his side the win. I’d be more than comfortable with one of our guys doing the same

1 Like