Mitch Brown - The Accountant

About how I see him too.

And good depth, seeing as how he can play either end.

1 Like

So how far away is he? With Ambrose gone for another couple of months and deaā€™s performances as third tall weā€™re going to look a little short down there against some sides.

Port being one

Due to return the week after the bye, youā€™d expect through the VFL.

I didnā€™t ask a questionā€¦check mate!

1 Like

hahaā€¦can you interpret that for us now.
Dinner is fish tonight? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hate it when we look a little short fish.

Makes us appear a bit piscatorial, ā€¦ and we aint no minnow of this comp.

Flakey post if ever there was one.
Couta been so much batter.

Really think he could appeal to a side struggling for a key back who can swing forward.

Could form ā€˜partā€™ of a trade where we could secure a mid of some note.

Not in the habit of just signing someoneā€™s papers, but if we have any kind of depth itā€™s in tall backs.

And imo heā€™s at the tail end of that list.

1 Like

He ainā€™t getting traded.

Is arguably best 22 as 3rd tall defender and even if he isnā€™t we need ready made talent who CAN do the job when called upon when injuries hit.

He also can do a very good job as 3rd fwd as needed.

Itā€™s about a squad of 30 players who are capable. Not just a best 22.

Oh f.m.d

Does anyone here know burger business in footscay on Nicholson St ( you should acquaint yourself if you donā€™t). Anyway I blame that on them

Fit and available

2 Likes

Multiple articles on the EFC site about Parish et al playing VFL this weekā€¦ apparently no one told them Brown is back.

Come on.

1 Like

Saved our bacon in the last qtr with help from Dea and the ump.

Essendon Football Club is pleased to announce, Mitch Brown, will ā€˜Don the Sashā€™ again 2018 after signing a new deal with the Bombers.

Brown is known for his versatility, after playing important roles in both defence and attack during his two seasons at the Club.

Currently recovering from ankle surgery, the 26 year-old is optimistic about a return before seasonā€™s end.

ā€œI believe the Club has a bright future ahead and Iā€™m excited to be a part what we are building towards,ā€ Brown said.

ā€œIā€™m really enjoying my footy under Woosha and the coaching staff, and we have a talented group of players who have bought into a collective vision which I want to be a part of.

ā€œItā€™s great to know the Club has faith in me, and my focus now is to get back to full fitness and have a crack at returning before the end of the season.ā€

Senior Coach, John Worsfold, said it was great to have Mitch recommit for next season.

ā€œBrowny is a talented tall player who has really embraced his second opportunity on an AFL list. Last year offered him a chance but he was the one that needed to show how much he wanted it, which he did,ā€ Worsfold said.

ā€œHis ability to play multiple positions for us provides the team with real flexibility, and weā€™re really pleased heā€™s going to be part of our journey moving forward.

ā€œMitch has been diligent with his rehabilitation, and his resilience and perseverance this year is a huge credit to him.

The way he has handled his setbacks reflects the values we look for in a player to represent the Club.ā€

List & Recruiting Manager, Adrian Dodoro, said he is excited the swingman will continue to be a part of Essendonā€™s future.

"To be able to produce solid performances, whether it be in the forward line or back line, makes him an incredibly dangerous player for us,ā€ Dodoro said.

ā€œObviously, Browny has had a testing couple of months, but we have full faith in him to make a successful return to the game.

ā€œWe believe he can get back to playing his best football and weā€™re prepared to help him through this tough time and hope to see him back at his best next year.ā€

Brown played 15 games with Geelong before joining Essendon. Heā€™s play 25 games with the Bombers and kicked 20 goals.

8 Likes

Fantastic player to have for depth.

Can fill any position on the ground if needed.

Wonā€™t ever be best 22 in his time at bomberland, but a vital cog in building a premiership winning list.

2 Likes

I think his best is really good. Be interesting to see how he goes

2 Likes

before injury he was cemneted in best 22 AFAIK. I felt he was a great 3rd tall forwardā€¦ but once Stewart came along he went backā€¦ and he was going great there tooā€¦ he was starting off the square playing as a tall mid for parts as well.
When Kelly goes, Gleeson will direct trafiic and Brown will take his (gleesons) current role playing on third tall forward. Well thats how i see the future. will be a pretty tight back line with a good mix of size/pace etcā€¦ i imagine

Iā€™d imagine Ambrose would be ahead of Brown.

But thatā€™s just my opinion.

For me, Brown is behind these guys as tall forwards
Daniher, Hooker, Stewart, Francis

and behind these guys as tall backs
Hurley, Hartley, Ambrose, Francis, and dare I say Ridley next year.

As I said, very good depth player, and you need 44 players to build a premiership list.

2 Likes

Fringe jobber. everyone needs them, serves as injury back up.*

*when heā€™s not injured.

While weā€™re at it in here - Mods can we fix the thread title please? Mitch was drafted in Nov 2015 so the ā€œWelcomeā€ is pretty staleā€¦
Also include #28 for easy thread searching. Thanks.
#hobbyhorse

2 Likes