Mitch Brown - The Accountant

He was actually pretty solid on the few occasions he played seniors this year when not injured

2 Likes

He is no superstar but plays a role and I donā€™t think he gets beaten by his opponent too often and that all you can ask from him

4 Likes

And along with Gleeson heā€™s probably our best intercept mark.

1 Like

Agree, I donā€™t think heā€™s AFL standard. Heā€™s not terrible, as in he has cost us games, just not sure what he offers.

Good on him if he can stick around for another contract though, heā€™s not the only one.

Heā€™s not great, but heā€™s big, he reads it OK and he can kick.
I have him way ahead of Smack.

2 Likes

I reckon heā€™s surprisingly underrated. No world beater but heā€™s a 6.5/10 not the 4/10 people fob him off as. I also think heā€™s a good forward, he was unsexy but he had a habit of kicking goals when he played in 2016

13 Likes

He busted his leg twice this yearā€¦ hard to excel when your season is that interrupted.

For much of 2016 he was canon fodder to help Joe out in the forward line, but when he played defence he really gave us something as a marking target to transition ball out of backline.

Hurley, Ambrose are best 22. The other spot is up for grabs between Brown & Hartley.

Plus best moustache in the club (not that we have much depth in that department either).

2 Likes

I think you are underrating Joeys moustache

If he hadnā€™t got injured, he would have played a fair bit of footy this year.

Heā€™s actually a surprisingly decent one on one defender, aside from his decent intercept and rebound work.

Nowhere near Jerrett territory.

6 Likes

Seems a much more well rounded KPD than Hartley, just lacking the bulk to wrestle. Intercepts and attacks far better. I can see a defensive unit of Hurley, Ambrose, Brown working rather well against the right opposition.

4 Likes

Agreed. And the coaches went that way early in season IIRC when Hartley got dropped.

Also if Stewart went out and we wanted to keep the 3 tall fwd structure Brown could & has done it well.

They prefer him in defence however.

unlike smack, hi height doesnā€™t come from his neck.

1 Like

I think he is an ok backup as a defender- do we really need another though, Iā€™m not sure

I donā€™t rate him at all as a forward. An average mark and a pretty average set shot.

If he plays for than a couple of games next season we are in all sorts of trouble

Itā€™s jever been an issue for Brown when he gets on the park. He was forever injured at the Cats and again at ESS this year. Hopefully he can get some clear air again, because when he is in he is not a bad third tall.

Have him much ahead of Hartley, and had he not got injured would have played much more. Smart footballer who reads the plays well and has decent skills. Will trust his judgment more than Hartley and much more composed. Heā€™s no world beater, but heā€™s hardly as bad as many here are pointing out, and is very handy back-up at least.

2 Likes

He needs to fatten up his legs or get smaller shorts, other than that good backup

1 Like

Could probably beat hartley in an arm wrestle despite appearing about 20kg lighter.

Brown had a good injury free run in 2016 and ended up 6th in the Crichton.
Clearly his best chance now is down back, where he is the obvious alternative to Hartley, provided he can get close to his 2016 form. One to watch in the preseason.

I think he could force his way into the side. I think heā€™s forgotten/underrated and could be a valuable player. For a big guy he should be at his absolute prime now.

Provides great depthā€¦The David Flood of our 2018 assault. Like him in the squad as someone who can come in and do a job. Lacks strength to be a genuine key position player, but can pinch hit at either end.

1 Like