Mitch Brown - The Accountant

We got the good Brown

2 Likes

thought Brown was very good yesterday.

Competed well all day and brought the ball to ground when caught out of position.

Some very important one on ones where he had to stand up or it quite easily could have been whisked away by North but he just stood up.

No world beater but as a depth player he is very handy.

5 Likes

I thought the blitz consensus was he was not up to AFL standard

Credit where credits due. He hasn’t broken apart games but gee he has competed hard and made sure we have an avenue forward. Also taken the oppositions most attacking tall out of the game.

The mans got heart!

3 Likes

He’s a very smart fwd. may not be blessed with any standout athletic talents compared to Stewart for example but he just does what he is meant to as a fwd.

He’s been a work horse with his leading and resetting to contest etc.

Some of the marks he took under heat at HFF were super important for us retaining footy and not getting done over on the counter.

Doing his job. Can’t ask for more.

3 Likes

Cometh the moment, cometh the specky.

Was huge in the context of the game at that very moment.

Might not have the most talent on our list but is a smart player.

Knows when to make his lead.

3 Likes

Yep, he’s a solid player.

Very good game in trying conditions.

1 Like

So, this guy can actually play.

Should be kicked to more often as he makes superb position most times.

2 Likes

The stupidity around him makes his footytelligence all the more important

2 Likes

In the best for me today. 3 goals in tough conditions for a tall forward. Loved his positioning in staying deeper a few times and got some over the back goals. Also clunked a couple of really nice marks when we used him as a bail out option down the line.

3 Likes

He’s more than just depth imo. Really finding his groove.

1 Like

Im really suprised by his form.

Not sure who plays with Daniher next year. Im leaning towards Brown but he plays similiar to JoeDan.

1 Daniher
2 Brown
3 McKernan
4 Stewart

In that order

1 Like

This, he really is a smart footballer and i like his reliability in front of goal.

I really like him. He’s not a match winner but forward or back he is honest and usually at worst halves a contest.

Be interesting to look back and compare number of times dropped vs injured. It feels he is in and out if the side, but I’d guess it’s usually injury. Then works his way back in every time.

1 Like

Under Woosha Brown has mostly been picked once fit.

brb

Got a lot of posts in this thread to delete.

Seriously cant believe his form. No he wont be AA but he presents well, runs both ways and is a ■■■■■■ good mark and a good kick for goal.

5 Likes

Reads the play very well for a tall, and a good kick for goal.
Another one, whose body has let him down many times over the years.

JD,Hooker,Hurley.

Brown,McKernan,Hartley,Francis,Ridley,Zerk.

We have not only genuine depth with talls, we have the ability to package one up with a draft pick to hopefully snare an inside mid in the draft.

He’s going ok, that’s true. But hes not the future. Play Stewart.