Mitch Brown - The Accountant

Tough to be the 2nd viable option when not in the team. Stewart’s first 4 or 5 games this year were really good. I sure at stages he was one of the few positives for the year. Clearly went downhill from there but it’s worth remembering.

Oh I do like Stewart, but he was hot garbage before being dropped, and sounds like not doing a lot since.

People, including Jimmy and the coaches need to realise that Stewart isn’t a No.1 Forward never will be, he’s a tall athletic 3rd who works hard and relishes a mismatch; in a pinch he can play as the 2nd, but, unlike Browny, his leading leading patterns and nous regarding positioning need improving this is why he is playing two’s atm. Brown is not only playing well personally but he makes McKernan’s job easier and our forwardline function properly.

4 Likes

Is hot garbage good?

It kind of sounds like a band that might be lauded in the DJ King thread

He’s a journeyman who’ll be dropped as soon as Joey is ready.

2 Likes

1 quiet game and h’ell be straight out.

2 Likes

So 2019 then?

Brown is good depth at both ends, that is all

One quiet game and he’ll be getting a truth thread.

6 Likes

2020?

I don’t think this is true.

Myers has no worries finding space when his opponent has the ball

4 Likes

3 Likes

doesn’t have the talent of a lot of our list but does the basics and tries harder than most of them for the whole game

1 Like

Worked his backside off tonight and hasnt really put a foot wrong since he came into the team. As Jack Dyer would say a good ordinary player.

8 Likes

His work rate puts others to shame and even though he is still skinny at 28 he goes in hard and flies for marks.

4 Likes

Covered 14.4km (2nd overall behind Hep), 2.8km at high speed (best EFC and 2nd overall), 25 sprint efforts (best EFC and 2nd overall), 6 repeat sprint efforts (best overall).

He’s no star but he works his butt off.

22 Likes

So, as good as this guy then ?
Okay…I’ll take it.

Is there any way to get distance stats for all players or are you going off the AFL live top 5?

I’m going off the AFL app (ie, top 5 only). I don’t think the data is available for all players due to ALFPA concerns.

He worked really hard all night last night. Eventually got the rewards with a goal & a few other shots, should’ve nailed that one in the last qtr though. Probably stays on a 1 year deal as back up next year.

1 Like

Brown is the perfect back up player, knows what to do at both ends.

No way he isn’t offered another contract.

5 Likes