Mitch Brown - The Accountant

I think we are finding out this guy is the perfect wingman for Joe D when he ruturns.

Kind of like a poor mans Tom Lynch for the crows is Brown. But he’s improving still.

Stays for next year cos I think he opens that forward line up more for Joe than Stewart does.

I’m liking his work.

4 Likes

Had a solid year so far and been consistently above average since coming back into the team as a forward. Thankfully as one of the more reliable shots for goal in the team, he kicked a couple good goals from difficult spots today when just about everyone else was missing sitters

4 Likes

Our best set shot by a fair way. Another good game.

2 Likes

Not sure if good player or the woeful skills of the essendon bred players alongside him make him look so

Agreed but its not like their is much competition for the mantle!

2 Likes

You’re a ■■■■■■■■.

Been a fan for a while now. Backed him in from the boundary and he delivered.

Not a depth player.

5 Likes

There’s cocksmacks, … then there’s total Cocksmacks …

4 Likes

Just gets the job done

Well played Mitch!

4 Likes

Too late to hit the gym…twigs for arms…

Great game for him

His positioning is so good, for a very light frame he holds his position really well in the contest he is obviosly a lot stronger than he looks.

2 Likes

Im pretty sure, but stand to be corrected, that it was a shoulder injury that initially ended his career at Geelong. Apparently there was a screw left in the joint following surgery that caused him chronic pain. Once that was realised and removed, the pain went and he played great VFL for Sandy(?) Then he got the opportunity for us. Perhaps he doesn’t like to overdo the weights because he doesn’t trust his shoulder?

2 Likes

Filling the void created by others. The goal from out on the boundary was a gem and executed perfectly. TW32 you are right about the shoulder surgery from what l can recall. The end of the screw protruded into the joint, causing pain and restricting his movement. As others ave said, it is just as well he is such a good set shot for goal, because plenty of others were somewhat less than ordinary on the day.

2 Likes

I once described this guy as ‘putrid.’

Having egg on my face never felt so good.

11 Likes

He’s having a very solid month. Becoming Mr Dependable.

4 Likes

Offer him a 2 year contract

6 Likes

Brown is why all teams need “depth” players. He has stepped up enormously.

1 Like

I don’t think he has ever been a fill in.

Every time he has been fit and got a few games under his belt he’s been brought in. Him and McKernan were starting make a good combo.

I feel like its strangely coincidental, but it seems we also lose a KPP around the same time he gets fit.

now i ain’t implying voodoo or curses but…

If the glove fits…

He’s actually reasonably heavy. Around the high 90kg.
He just looks kinda skinny.

You don’t even try to hide it anymore huh.

1 Like