Mitch Brown - The Accountant

Always liked him. High draft pick, was going well at cattery before injury wrecked his run. No need for him to be considered just as a backup. Versatile, good tank. He just does the basics very well, not spectacular too often, looks scruffy, not particularly toned (never hurt fletch). Heard his dad talk at a coaching course once. Sounds like he comes from a pretty good family. No doubt he will have down patches but we know he can do the business.

1 Like

Broken leg and 2 shoulder recoes in 4 or 5 years.
Some dudes have all the luck.

2 Likes

Has become a very very very useful player. Knows his strengths and weaknesses perfectly: gets on his bike, stays in front position, times his leads.
Hugely improved, and proving plenty wrong.

A big big feather in the coaching panel’s cap is getting such good performances out of guys who were at the cross roads last year. Brown, Smack, Dea, Myers.

10 Likes

Loved the way he stepped up once smack went down. Thought pearce had the better of him in the first quarter but he turned that right around

He looks like a time traveller from the early 80’s

3 Likes

He is starting to look like Kevin Walsh

18 Likes

2 Likes

Stopping by to pay credit to this guy.

Has some ticker no doubt!

I called him a poor mans Tom Lynch(Adel) last week, and he plays that role well for us.

He is the perfect player say when Daniher and Stringer are back in this side, that third tall with a massive tank working between the 50s.

Right now he fits our structure better than Stewart does when our best 22 is available.

2 Likes

He is a natural forward. Always been a great one at VFL level.

His shoulder injuries explain why his upper body is underdeveloped. If not for those he could have become a proper FF.

I was thinking the exact same thing.

Have been critical of him in the past, but am happy to eat humble pie.

Plays much better as a forward than as a defender. Presenting well, clever leading patterns, taking marks & kicking some decent sausage rolls. That goal from the boundary was a gem & he also snagged a great snap a few weeks ago.

In good form. Earning his spot.

3 Likes

It’s not part of the blitz narrative to suggest Myers is playing well.
Wash your mouth out!!

So its not that he has pictures, but rather dolls…

Should play every game for the rest of the season with McKernan’s injury. He’s a good calm head in team that is filled with dumb decision makers. Plus he can kick straight.

4 Likes

He’s a sensible, no frills footballer that does what the team needs him to. Uses his smarts to lead well, kicks very straight and whilst he won’t turn a game he’s been ■■■■■■ important with a few out. I’ve given him some crap but he’s had a good few months when we badly needed him. Good on him.

5 Likes

He sort of has this look on his face like “am I really the only player on this list that can execute basic football skills?” every time he sinks a goal lol

3 Likes

i think he purposefully kept the weight off so he can be more of a lead and mark agile player

when you can accurately put em through mid sticks from 50 out why the hell not

He’s not a match winner, but he is consistently doing a job. Over 2.3 centre clearances a game (top 20 in the comp) and over 4.8 clearances a game (top 40 in the comp.) I think him coming in, and coming into some form has let Heppell and Zerrett off the chain a bit.

I still think he’s only fringe of our best 22.

2 Likes

Which game was it where M Brown had got the ball running unmanned into the 50, then decided to ramp up the difficulty level by running towards the pocket, into traffic, and bananaed it home?
As if to say “reckon I can’t kick this???”

I loved the arrogance of that.

6 Likes

I could be wrong, and more often than not I am. But I think that was against Brisbane. I reckon he seems to be more reliable the more difficult the shot is

Yep. After Green and 2 others had missed gobber set shots from 20m out.