Mitch Brown - The Accountant

Wow, … Robs restaurants, … there’s a blast from the past.

They were the ones with Fire and then Water falling through the same square portals, right??

It was always a real treat night to go there when we were kids.

1 Like

The fire & water was at the Mt Waverley site ( now a very busy Chinese restaurant)

The Albert Park site had the carousel, man we went there a lot as kids.

Oh yeah, Mitch Brown has been sensational for us despite the moustache

1 Like

Right, we lived in Mt Waverly, so that makes sense,

Figured as a franchise it was the signature thing & all were like that.

I believe the Albert Park golf course club house was also a Robs at one point. That was also the site of Melbourne’s 1st American drive in restaurant, ie when the waitress takes your order from your car like in Happy Days. Mid 1960’s I guess

The stuff you see on Bomberblitz on Sunday afternoon.

1 Like

Yeah Mt Waverley Rob’s had water, it had fire, chains coming down from the ceiling and all the cubed jelly and custard a kid could ever want.

Is that late 70’s or early 80’s

Early 80’s I’d say, no flares, refined moustaches and the vibez.

Looks about ‘83’ or ‘85’

1. Boomers loved a good moustache.
1 Like

Bumping because Mitch deserves the spotlight. Go Mitch!

3 Likes

Another 100% time on ground.

2 Likes

He’s been very good since his return. Good on him.

He was easily the best tall defender in the game and only spent a half down there. Seriously impressed and surprised me this year, crazy to think he is only a depth player with a full list.

4 Likes

The bloke was being outrun by T Bell after quarter time and still stayed on

I’d have him ahead of Stewart and McKernan in a heartbeat when Joey returns. Best 22 for mine.

I’m a fan, but I’d say he’s depth next year. McKernan will be the gorilla in the square, Joe can roam from CHF, and Stringer/Langford will rotate through that 3rd quasi tall role.

11 Likes

Has been really important the last few weeks - forward & back. Hope he brings his A game Friday night.

That could work too, but I think it’s tough having two players like Daniher and McKernan in the one forward line offering minimal defensive pressure. Richmond have all forwards pressuring the ball carrier.

Worsfold loves Brown, loves his flexibility and reliability. The only time Brown is not in the team is if he’s injured or coming back from injury / building his fitness in the VFL. The bloke will be best 22 next year.

4 Likes

Richmond structure and execute like they do because of the cattle they have to work with. They are making a very serious play for Tom Lynch, who is pretty similar to both McKernan and Joe defensively. And him coming in wouldn’t weaken them at all, because they would still get manic pressure from the smaller guys, and their marking power would greatly increase, giving them more options than they have now.

And just because Richmond are winning now doesn’t mean their way is the only way.

I am a fan of Brown, and not so much of McKernan, but I think McKernan’s strength trumps Brown’s running ability in our best side. I also think McKernan would give us more goals, and a ruck alternative if we need it. Only his consistency would bother me, but then again Brown isn’t overly consistent either.

2 Likes