Mitch Brown - The Accountant

THE MAN. GÒOOOOOOOAL

Has singlehandedly reminded the club how damaging leading marks are. Has amazing timing and endurance.

(Shut up, Raz lovers.)

14 Likes

Was very very good tonight

1 Like

The Spud is playing very well.

There was one situation int he last: he took a good mark on the outer wing and the crowd went nuts and cheered him on. He was grinning like a cheshire cat when he turned around. Must be nice as a player when that happens.

16 Likes

One of my favourite players at the moment. Just gets the job done most weeks with absolutely no fuss. Also has a decent moustache

7 Likes

Just does everything required from a hard leading key forward.

Beautiful kick for goal and big cajones.

2 Likes

Joe who? Seriously this guy just keeps on improving. Doing the business

When Joe went down a lot wrote our season off. Green fell off a cliff and Raz was out injured a fair bit.

Up stepped Smack and Brown and Bags.

You couldn’t put together a more cobbled together forward line and yet it works (they still need to kick a bit straighter overlall though).

6 Likes

If you paid someone for ten years to spend their time in a gym there is no way they would come out looking like him…

2 Likes

Great game (again) from Mitch tonight. Underated. Just does the job with no fanfare. He deserves a lot more kudos that is afforded others.

4 Likes

Putting aside a 5cm height difference…Mitch Brown plays the way I wish Laverde could play.

It’s pretty straight forward: Well timed leads. Good decision making. Ability to kick 50m goals. Big engine.

1 Like

This guy just keeps serving up humble pie. Credit where it’s due, he’s now so important to our structure. Does the basic stuff, but does it really well.

1 Like

He did kick 20 goals in the horror of 2016, playing as a lone foil for Joe.

He’s obviously playing much better right now, but this is not completely out of nowhere.

Aside from (only) a couple of rough games down back, this guy really hasn’t done much wrong in his whole time with us.

19 Likes

Stewart is all but gone now I think. He wont tip out
Brown
Stringer
Daniher
Mckernan

Unless he gets back to his best and better of course, … which is what players so often do after a bad stretch, and they apply themselves to improving their game.

You would think all the examples we’ve seen even just this year alone would give one pause before making such a statement.

All but Gone, … as in delisted??? At this point??

Staggering.

11 Likes

Congrats to Mitch on reaching 50 games through hard work and persistence. He’s kicked some ripper goals in the last few rounds and done extremely well at presenting a froward option for the team. It’s great to see reward for someone who hasn’t enjoyed so much luck across the journey. Keep at it Mitch and grind out every game you can. Well done

1 Like

At this point he’s just force feeding me the pie.

4 Likes

Had a beast of a game in the twos recently, he just has to keep at it. Great to have depth in KPFs… nobody else but GWS does! Freo must look at our list and drool

Brown and McKernan are in their prime as far a physical maturity goes.

Stewart, Daniher and Stringer are all 2/3 years off their peak.

In an ideal world, next year, Stewart would be cover for Stringies 3rd tall position and Brown cover for Daniher or McKernan whom I think has cemented a spot at FF

Close to the smartest player on our list. Knows his limitations and plays within them, but elevates his game by smart running, good leading and great game awareness. I love how he does it, works hard and makes it happen.

9 Likes