Mitch Brown - The Accountant

Would he play on Rance like he did with Mcgivern I’m the eagles game?

Play through him until Rance mans up, then don’t.

A lot depends on if the 2018 McKernan or the 2016/17 McKernan turns up next year. No guarantee he can keep up the form of this year.

1 Like

He could also get even better next year

Possibly. But until we know which version turns up, we don’t really know what the best 22 looks like.

I bet you won’t say that about Lav

2 Likes

Yep he is a better defender than a forward. Have always said this. But with our solid defence its hard to squeeze him in and hes learnt his craft as a forward

I agree that he’s depth up fwd with Daniher and Mckernan to return next year.

The best thing about him is that he can play both ends of the ground. I can see him playing plenty of games down back, he’s ahead of Ambrose for mine. It also gives the opportunity to swing Hooker or Brown fwd when Mckernan rotates into the ruck.

I was very comfortable with him as a forward in 2016. I haven’t been so thrilled with him as a defender, prefer Hartley and Ambrose.

1 Like

The key lesson is write Browny off at your own peril. He is allways better than you think and allways works his way into the team.

1 Like

I think most of his time at Geelong was as a forward. At VFL level he has always been a very, very good forward, has kicked many a bag.

Amazingly, this guy is probably the important signing we have now of the uncontracted guys

I reckon McKernan is the important one now.

They’d both have in principle agreements IMO

The particulars of the $$ to be worked out still once we know how much have to spend on incoming players/ what frees up from outgoing

It’s a close call, but you’re probably right actually given his flexibility to be ruck depth as well and the likely departure of Looney

Vfl he was a swingman for sandringham. He actually took them deep into finals. When moved forward he changed the game when they needed and when he was in defence he was a rock.

I think he had a Schoenmakers moment or two in a final for Geelong, playing down back. Against North IIRC.

This guy keeps slipping below the radar. Just presents and presents. Easily best 22, a perfect utility player and a pretty reliable set shot. If you’re listing top 5 positives for the year I reckon Mitch slips in at 5.

15 Likes

For all the talk about about Stewart’s athletic ability, Brown’s is better. Always in our top 3 in terms of distance covered and sprint efforts.

10 Likes

I dont think McKernan is all that great in the ruck anyway

1 Like

He’d have Stringer covered

1 Like