Mitch Brown - The Accountant

For a third choice KPF he goes alright. Has stood up admirably under great pressure, to become our #1 and at times only KPF. Doesn’t matter if others see different players ahead of him or not, he was called when injury struck and he answered the call. We don’t know what the injury gods have in store for next year, so we are indeed fortunate to have him.

6 Likes

I forward line with Key forward posts of
Daniher, Mckernan and Brown would be more dangerous than what the pre hyped 2018 pre season of
Daniher, Hooker and Stewart.

Stringer will be starting mid next year and moving forward when Mckernan relieves Belly in ruck.

The 4th forward will be rotated between mid sized players Langford, Begley, Myers and hopefully Laverde.

Brown can move back and switch with Hooker or Francis.

3 Likes

Career best game according to AFL player rankings (also career best for Langford, Francis). Good way to finish the year.

9 Likes

I don’t think it makes sense to play all 3 of Daniher, Smack and Brown. 2 at most

3 Likes

Third overall on distance travelled, behind Heppell and some Port spud. He does most games what Ambrose only ever did once (versus the Dawks)… run his opponent till they break. His leading marks on his own look easy, sans context.

8 Likes

I will reserve my right to underrate Brown for the duration of his career :wink:

Wholeheartedly agree. I reckon the model of three tall forwards is outdated & can’t be sustained for an entire season. Too much pressure on the midfield unit.

The Tigers got rid of Vickery & Griffiths retired, so they have only really had one recognised KPF over the past two seasons. Surrounded Jack with a fleet of small/medium sized pressure forwards. Won a flag & may go back to back.

Stick with two talls - Joey & Smack. Belly can rest forward & Smack can pinch hit in the ruck. Brown has been great since his return to the senior side. Has massively proven me wrong. But, Brown is far superior as a forward than as a defender. Keep him on the list & play him if Smack is injured or out of form.

5 Likes

Played a great game last night. He goes out when smack and joey are back, but he’s just your perfect depth player due to his flexibility and work ethic. Hope he sticks around

2 Likes

If they’re confident Joey can ruck then i’d Play Brown and leave McKernan out

4 Likes

Protect Joey’s knees. Leave him forward.

1 Like

He will start in the team with with joe or smack not both …stringer will not start as a midfielder as that experiment had a lot to do with the start that cost us a finals berth.

Slow talls in the forward line are a liabilty…hooker last week being the prime example…

you need players who lead up to the ball who can also get out over the back…with brown and RAZ we have both

1 Like

Definitely worth a new contract. Been superb up forward but he can also do the job down back if required.

1 Like

I disagree with the impending rule changes
having Brown who can play high minutes and ability to play both ends, will be important to our structure. Mckernan to do the bash and crash role inside 50 and Daniher to play high CHF.

1 Like

Save his knees for Carlisle’s head.

3 Likes

And Franga’s knees for RideHer.

2 Likes

Stringer in the centre square has been part of all our most efficient clearance combinations

2 Likes

And of course - he does that unexpected thing from our forwards - puts it through the big sticks more often than not.

3 Likes

Though I understand your point - are you referring to the last quarter or so when Hooksey went forward…and kicked 3 goals?

1 Like

He is such a workhorse.

3 Likes

If you include Stringer we would be ostensibly playing three “talls” anyway whether that be Daniher, Stringer and Mckernan or Brown. I think it will work as long as there is still a massive focus on defensive pressure. There is no way they play 3 + Stringer. It’s one of the reasons I don’t see a spot for Laverde unless he can play midfield minutes.

Forwards - Stringer, Mckernan/Brown, Daniher, Tippa, Fantasia, Bags + rotations. If someone is going to take Bags place in the forwadline they will have to bring lots of pressure which is why I think he is in a good place to win another contract. Smith could do it but we want him up on the ball as well.