Mitch Brown - The Accountant

Brown is such a good runner and mark, and has decent speed, he would make a good half forward/wing. Plays both small and tall. Better suited to a hit up role than getting smashed/smashing packs, leave this to SMACK or JD.

Ultimate utility.

1 Like

He is the perfect CHF for modern footy. Runs all day. Presents constantly. Provides an option on the lead around the ground which is critical for the defenders. Kicks straight. If his numbers were achieved by JD or Stewart we’d be crowing how good they are. I think Brown is perceived differently because he’s thought of as a top up.

8 Likes

Has had a great year and hasn’t looked backed since being brought back into the team against Brisbane. Great running capacity along with a a great pair of hands. Was able to run a number of his opponents ragged. It will be interesting what happens with him in 2019. It’s a nice conundrum to have.

1 Like

He would be a much better player without the mo.

2 Likes

He has played wing and is also very fast. ( check the tracker on the AFL app ) He could play the Isaac Smith role from a wing/ high half forward.

1 Like

I’ve lost count of how many people I’ve needed to remind that Brown & Hartley were not top-up players :joy:

3 Likes

The Tigers are desperate to get Lynch, they have identified that they lack a good tall marking forward aside from Jack.

1 Like

I have lost count of the number of times people swallow the trolling line that player X is " thought of as " or “was” a “top up”.

With a fully fit list I think Brown is in that team. Good kick, great endurance, good size and pretty consistent week to week. He’s not going to give you the Daniher/Raz/Stringer highlights but he doesn’t have to.

3 Likes

Is currently OOC but would be a certainty for a contract you’d think.

4 Likes

He’s been very good this year. I’d give him a 2 year contract

3 Likes

Surely he will be signed! Knocking out 15km a game between the flanks, he’s the exact type player teams crave in the modern game who can work up and back.

I think he compliments JD well too when he’s back.

3 Likes

Could he be the 3rd tall/medium forward ?

I just dont see how all of stewart, mckernan, jd and brown will want to stay knowing their spot may be dependant on others being injured.

I think a jd/mckernan combo works better ad jd can play nore up the ground and mckernan closer to goal.
But browns work ethic makes him dangerous, so its hard to know.

Mitch Brown (6’ 5") on one wing and James Stewart (6’ 6") on the other; tallest winger set in history I reckon. I remember way back in the 1970s when Richmond had the “tallest” wingers ever in Francis Bourke and ■■■■ Clay, both were just under 6’ 1". (185cm)

Stringer in the middle makes an imposing set.

2 Likes

Been awesome all things considered. Workhorse and skillful. Will compliment JD very nicely when he’s back.

2 year contract extension fo’ sho’

1 Like

Thing is, Joe is a lock, and TBH, though he’s been out of form, I think Stewart could just as easily have a big pre-season and be back in the conversation. Who do you pick out of Brown and McKernan?

He was excellent this year, was often the crucial goalkicker. A great story.

4 Likes

Joe is the only lock (and Stringer, who goes to FF when Joe rucks).

Brown, Smack and Stewart fight for the other spot.

You could make a pretty good argument that our year started to turn when we dropped a tall for a small, around round 5-6. Our structure certainly looked better after that.

That would require a major change of mindset from him.
At the moment the tall forwards are ranked, Joe, McKernan, Brown, Stewart.
Can’t see that changing in the short term at least.

1 Like

I’d be running with joe, mckernan and brown up forward. Stringer should be 50/50 midfield forward next year

1 Like