Mitch Brown - The Accountant

This is when it looked best IMO

HF: Fantasia Brown TIPPA
F: Baguley Smack Stringer

JD is a given next year, so it’s only one of Brown or Smack in unless Stringer actually moves into main mid rotations which seems unlikely.

I think it will be:

HF: Fantasia Daniher Smith
F: TIPPA Smack Stringer

Unlucky for Brown but Smack in keeps JD out of ruck and also allows JD to play CHF & roam.

2 Likes

Too top-heavy for mine.

3 Likes

Imagine how deadly Daniher would be with Brown’s running capacity

Joe should be forgetting about strength and making running his weapon, he already has the athleticism, he just needs to chip away at the tank.

When our tall forwards are smashing it next year, tall forwards will become all the rage in the AFL.

On a more serious note, Richmond didn’t go small because that is what was best, they decided to off-load underperforming players who happened to be tall. This year they have been going hard after Lynch because they believe they lack enough talls and need backup for Jack, who tends to want to rove a little further up the ground. The reason small worked for them was because their midfield group went into overdrive and they could rest and play Martin up there more often and the guy is a freak.

2 Likes

They definitely stumbled upon it, but as they say, if it ain’t broke…

1 Like

But that’s where he gets his strength* from, like Sampson’s hair.

*I was going to say “Mojo” but that’s the other guy

I reckon Daniher and Stringer have enough strings to their bow to play alongside any of those guys and make the combination work. So I guess whoever is performing gets the spot.

The one thing counting against Brown in this equation is that he doesn’t play the relief ruck role (that I can remember anyway), but between Daniher, McKernan and Stewart there’s bound to be one playing who can.

… and his name isn’t Stewart.

I don’t think actually he’s good in the ruck, but he has done it in the past unlike Brown

Stewart needs to get non-elastic restraints applied to his ankles to stop him going past the wing.

Brown very handy but if I pick my best 22 not quite in it.

1 Like

He’s in my best 22 for next year at the moment. I’m assuming that Daniher can pinch hit in the ruck, so it’s Daniher and Brown as the tall forwards.

That would be my choice, but if he stays I reckon McKernan will partner Joe, and Mitch will be backup.

2 Likes

I’m thinking with Francis Redman Ridley Ambrose Hurley Saad McKenna Guelfi as my backs, Hooker can go to FF, JD to CHF and the rest of the forwards are Tippa Smith Fanta Stringer.

And I forgot Gleeson as a back

Lots of admiration for this guy, came in when Joey went out, and really showed he wanted it. Really funny a year or so ago a few people would dismiss Gleeson and Brown as players for Essendon I think they have it.

Signed for another year:

Essendon Football Club is pleased to announce Mitch Brown has put pen to paper extending his contract with the Bombers for a further year.

The new deal will see Brown don the sash until at least the end of 2019.

The swingman has played 39 games for the Bombers since arriving ahead of the 2015 season, after 15 games at the Geelong Football Club.

“I’m excited to sign on with the Bombers, we have an impressive list and I believe we are building towards something special,” Mitch Brown said.

“I am looking forward to building on the back end of the year that I had and continuing to add to my game.

“I believe we have set a solid foundation for a successful 2019 and beyond.”

After mixing his time between defence and attack in his first two seasons at Essendon, Brown spent the majority of 2018 in the forward line, booting 18 goals from his 14 games.

GM List and Recruiting Manager, Adrian Dodoro, said Brown has been an outstanding addition to the team since arriving.

“Mitch thoroughly deserves the opportunity to continue on with the Essendon Football Club in 2019,” Dodoro said.

“He had a fantastic season where he kicked 18 goals and has become a really valued member of our team.

“Mitch really stood up this season and showed tremendous leadership.”

16 Likes

Great!

Good news.

A very very handy player to have on the list.

7 Likes