Mitch Brown - The Accountant

It’s the hormones in KFC

Excellent decision. Had a great year imo. He’s a limited player but he absolutely gets the best out of himself.

5 Likes

Fantastic news!! Really appreciate what he brought to the forward line this season.

1 Like

Deserves another year. With Joe back fit next year the configuration of the forward line will be very interesting. McKernan, Stewart, Brown, will we play just 1 or 2 of them? Brown is handy because he can also play back. I think Matty Dea might be the one that gets squeezed out, which is a bit sad because he’s as brave as they come and been a real warrior for us down back…

2 Likes

The guy can kick a straight ball at the goals. Excellent depth.

16 Likes

You can’t play three talls and stringer imo. I don’t think you’ll see that

It’s joe, stringer and one of smack/Stewart/brown i reckon

4 Likes

{apologies in advance}

Or Hooker.

Have to confess to only occasionally noticing Mitch, mainly because he does something very good at the right time, but what’s his pace like? Similar build to Smith and Gunston at the poosnwees, does he have any toe?

Very happy for him.

Darren Bewick

1 Like

:no_mouth:

Never thought I’d be happy about Brown signing on, but this guy had a fantastic year and became an important player for us. Deserves it.

1 Like

Did well this year, the best thing about him is he can kick LONG and STRAIGHT. This is a quite an unusual trait for an Essendon forward.

10 Likes

Well done Browny.

I was continually surprised when they showed the distance tracker for players - Brown often ranked very high for all players on ground. Fantastic work rate.

At the moment, I’d rate him more than Stewart (just my opinion don’t yell at me).

Daniher, Mckernan, Brown
Tippa, Stringer, Fantasia

For me.

4 Likes

I’m surprised he has signed for a year. I would have thought more teams like Carlton, GC and others with lack of tall depth would be chasing this guy for longer. Their loss is definitely our gain. Good honest player

4 Likes

Good on Brown, absolutely deserved the contract.

Not many uncontracted players now with the signings of Mckernan, Laverde, Stewart and Brown. Very tricky job to manage these signings if we are unsure of who we are bringing in and on what terms. Makes you wonder if we are already aware.

2 Likes

I think he is more than just depth. I’d say he is extremely talented but his output to date is only fair as he’s been crippled with injury, and probably a lack of belief. He can mark, kick, lead, run and defend at elite levels for someone his size, but doesn’t do this consistently.
If he & Joey are both fit they can be a dynamic set of tall forwards.

1 Like

This guys wins the “Quiet Achiever” award.

7 Likes

I forget which game it was, but it was at Etihad, and he was having a kick at goal about 45-50 out from near the boundary towards the LaTrobe St end. One of those quiet moments where you don’t expect anything to happen. Expecting a nothing kick that goes for a behind. He friggin well kicked it !!! Beautiful straight kick. It’s not what Essendon forwards do in those moments. But he nailed it. He can be a beautiful kick.

6 Likes