Mitch Brown - The Accountant

best footballer that doesn’t look like a footballer.

4 Likes

The peoples moustache

2 Likes

He looks like a 90s VFA player

5 Likes

Much deserved.
Well done Mitch.

4 Likes

gives hope to skinny men everywhere.

From the fkin Canvass…Mitch Brown.

Comes in as a top up in 2016, and now he gets another year again.

Respect.

3 Likes

Guess I’ll have to settle for just 1 year then…

2 Likes

OMFG!!!

2 Likes

Well deserved!

He looks like a person who would serve you in a trendy Northcote cafe

2 Likes

i know, right. i think the term top-up is disrespectful. he helped out in our hour of need!

(yes, i know)…

He’s been really good this year. Holds his marks, usually kicks pretty straight and keeps on leading all game every game. Very glad he’s staying

2 Likes

Gives us depth and flexibility. If he’s not best 22 then he keeps a number of other players honest. Love how hard he runs to positions on the wing, keeps defenders honest and out of the way of Smack or JD - well deserved contract and great moustache.

2 Likes

Wasn’t he a top-up in pre-season 2015 under Hirdy? Then drafted at end of that year under Woosha?

2 Likes

Yes. So he basically didn’t come in as a top-up

1 Like

Correct

Well done to Mitch. Workhorse of the team and shows why he was so high a pick originally. Plus his kicking at goal is A+

Goddard would have freed up some money, probs not as much as when he first came in but his back end of the contract would still have been 500k+ right? Plus Green/Jacko…so might have 750k free. 1st year players from the draft wont get much…90k or so yeah…especially if we give our pick 8 up. The guys that signed probably only got more years not more money

Reading between the lines of this announcement, this contract has a trigger in it…so it could roll over into 2020.

Secondly, the flexibility of Brown…makes Hartley that little bit more expendable from a list perspective.

2 Likes

He would have been the perfect partner to Hawkins at the Cats should they have stuck with him.

But they didn’t, so he isn’t. Ahhh, that felt good.

6 Likes

found it - against Fremantle. That is a seriously nice kick.

com-optimize-5

12 Likes

Mitch Brown has a massive tank and is fast and is very well suited to the high half forward role. However, that is the role Joey plays. SMack and Hooker are better playing deep ( goal square forward) so really Mitch Brown is the Joey replacement, but he is a 1.3 goals a game player compared with Joey at 2.8