Mitch Brown - The Accountant

He’s in my best 22. Very reliable player.

3 Likes

Remember that clutch goal against Sydney after the siren in the 3rd? That was awesome

6 Likes

wasn’t that on the halftime siren?

1 Like

Yeah my bad, I had to go back and watch the highlights after I posted that

Good highlights to watch!!

the roar from the crowd was awesome

2 Likes

Is there anyone on our list who isn’t the perfect wingman?

Matty Dea.

Cale Hooker

4 Likes

Underestimate them at your own peril

1 Like

If Joey doesn’t get up for round 1, then it is Mitch’s spot, Stewart would need to make some serious strides during the JLT to jump him.

2 Likes

Yep. I’d have Stewart behind both Brown and Smack at the moment.

2 Likes

I see Smack as a ff/R, and the other 2 as CHF/3rdTall. We don’t really have any depth in Smacks position, if he goes down we would need to bring in Zlarke, bring Hooker forward or change our forward structure to something less reliant on the deep marking ‘anchor’ role

2 Likes

I think we can play all Daniher, Smack and Brown together.
Brown covers the ground and can go back. He provides cover and a consistent structure to our talls if one needs rest. Brown will be really handy for games against hard running opposing forwards. Hooker, Hurley and Francis might need a helping hand.
Until further analysis I think it wouldn’t be a great selection only playing one ruck so I expect Smack to play early.
I expect us being cautious with Daniher and not playing him too high. Stringer I can’t trust playing high; putting in the Km’s and taking contested marks between the arcs. Also wouldn’t want to be exhausting Smack in doing this and then expect him to rotate into the ruck.

I agree with a lot of this. What worries me is that Stringer isn’t great with defensive pressure. Hence I don’t like the idea of him + 3 talls.

Will be very interesting to see what they do

2 Likes

I struggle seeing us playing 3 tall plus stringer, especially with Joey likely to be limited in his fitness

2 Likes

3 talls like 3 ruckmen isnt the greatest idea…game has changed stringer plays tall when smack goes into the ruck…hopefully they dont insist on playing stringer as a mid for the first 6 weeks like last year!

I dunno… I reckon Langers could kick a bunch of goals forward.

1 Like

In my mind, there is still some chance that Langford is a better forward than a mid.

Admittedly I suspect I will be proven very very wrong this year.

Players like Stringer (mid/3rd tall) and Smack (forward/ruck) are gold for our structure because of their flexibility.

Stringers ability to play as a main marking target as well as a midfielder means we don’t have to resort to a ridiculous structure that requires 3 genuine KPF. Whilst McKernans improved ability to play as a genuine KPF means we don’t have to go with a risky double ruckman setup.

I’m expecting the emergence of Francis as an even bigger structure gold nugget as he has potential to play every position on the field except ruck.

1 Like