Mitch Brown - The Accountant

I thought he presented well and played a decent game. He’s no world-beater, but he contests harder and has a much stronger aerial presence than Stewart, who is his logical replacement. He can also kick straight at goal, which is a rare talent in our side.

3 Likes

Brown needs to be sent back to the VFL to learn what his role is.

Keeps getting sucked up the field just like we were doing at the beginning of last year.

40% of his possessions were in the back half yesterday and all his marks are uncontested in the least dangerous ares of the ground.

No doubt he works hard but that’s by necessity because he knows that only way he’s going to take marks are if he is out on the lead rather than in a contested situation.

Smack has come under considerable criticism since yesterdays game but have a look at where he was stationed for most of the times he got his hand onto the footy. Deep forward! He let himself down with poor conversion but at least he provided a target.

I’m not a huge Laverde fan but if he wasn’t injured I would prefer him to Brown because at least you know you are going to get a contest in the air and at least take a grab or bring it to ground.

Our key forwards are getting sucked up the ground again chasing stats.

1 Like

Well that’s a big fark you to the haters

I knew he’d play well when our mids fire

CHF star today

25 possessions. 11 marks. 3 goals.

Kudos Mitch!

32 Likes

He was everywhere, works so hard.

2 Likes

Career best game?

I’m sorry Mitch.

4 Likes

Quite possible.
A lot of people don’t see his work rate either but watch how hard he works up and down the ground

3 Likes

Non footballer looking footballer you will ever see. Tries his guts out and deserves his place.

1 Like

His running was actually rewarded today and he nailed his shots when needed

1 Like

He’s a rubbish spud who clogs the list.

Well, at least that’s what this thread told me a 13 days ago so it must be true.

10 Likes

He sure does. Gets on his bike & presents so well. Excellent game today. Didn’t need Hooker forward. Will work well with Joey & Co.

1 Like

Excellent game.
He works so ■■■■■■ hard.
Like Ambrose, he never gets the recognition he deserves. We will be in a good place if Daniher, Stringer and McKernan can keep this guys out of the side in the second half of the year.

1 Like

Works hard.

1 Like

So much better playing up the ground and running back into the forward line

1 Like

One out of the box for him.
I still don’t know why he was dropped, to be honest.
I think he’s one of our most important players.

Good on him.

6 Likes

Bleeds red and black. Good game today, very solid performance.

1 Like

Feel he is more suited to the G with plenty of space to lead and work his opponent into the ground.

4 Likes

Full credit to the guy-working so hard to make it happen at EFC.

2 Likes

9 of the possessions contested - why do people only talk about those being significant when it’s a midfielder?

Also had 88 per cent disposal efficiency and ran 14.5km, the most of any players.

Mitchell earnt himself a beer tonight.

23 Likes

If it weren’t for Tippa’s 7 goals this guy would have been clearly BOG.
His tireless efforts of putting in all game when we were playing like ■■■■ during the 2nd half was outstanding. His running ability for a guy his size is first class.

Casually kicking goals from 55 when we couldn’t score was great reward.
Really happy for the guy. If he’d have gotten the continuity in his game early on at the Cats he’d be a far more respected player across the league than he currently is.

A hard working honest footballer in the shape of our mid 80’s team.

11 Likes