Mitch Brown - The Accountant

Underrated. N Riewoldt lauded for years for playing the same role… Brown a better kick too imo

1 Like

Going to create some selection dilemma when JOEDAN, SMACK and ALF get fit…

I like Mitch, as he gives us a running beast, can pinch hit back, contests, can mark and can kick…and he is a big bloke.

Interesting times!

1 Like

98% on ground time also.
An unacknowledged aerobic freak

14 Likes

Was great last year and has improved again this year. His work ethic is enormous, has become a very important player for us. If he gets dropped for Joe to come in, I’ll be furious.

3 Likes

While I agree he is underrated. Revolt was a far far better contested mark. And all time great of the game. But fark I hate him as a comentator

2 Likes

Played an awesome game yesterday. I do however wonder if he has ever seen the inside of a gym?

2 Likes

Shoulder injuries early on would have prevented him from hitting the gym, now his playing style is more about mobility and covering the ground

2 Likes

Perfect conduit between defence and attack. Super reliable and being constantly on the move gives him a huge advantage on his opponent. Calmness and surety, other strong traits he brings to the team. He really should be first picked every week but fitting in the 3 talls could be problematic. At least won’t need to think about it for the next 2 months.

1 Like

He’s got the Terry Daniher body type - and it was good enough for Terry.

2 Likes

Terrible shoulder injuries during his time at Geelong

Have they been a problem since he’s been with us?

No but probably working on the arms may cause issues

Fun fact, was actually a first round pick for the cats in 08 (pick 15) same draft as Hurls & Zaka.

11 Likes

One of the few blokes in the team that i feel calm when the balls in his hands.

2 Likes

My memory is he had 2 pins in his shoulder that poked out and caused repeated injuries. Those pins were finally removed and he’s been fine since.

3 Likes

People have banged on about that since we drafted him, but I honestly don’t recall him being outmuscled in a marking contest.

Will repeat what a said in the prematch, was fourth amongst key forwards in marks per game in 2018; behind Buddy, Hawkins and Tom McDonald. Underrated.

4 Likes

I dont understand why he doesnt put a ton of effort into bulking up

Surely that would help with contested marking?

Played very well on the weekend though

Yup. Problems been sorted. Bet he wouldn’t mind catching up with the sub par Surgeon that near ended his career for a *cough, … “few drinks” one night though.

1 Like

FF3DC054-95FE-47CC-B39C-63104B3A0DFB

11 Likes