Mitch Brown - The Accountant

Ouch!

Mitch spent a good part of the game drawing his defender away from Stringer and Daniher. He also provided a good marking target a little further up the ground. Of course once Daniher cam back Brown was going to get less of the footy. Heā€™ll be missed for the next few weeks.

3 Likes

does not pay to be a key forward in our forwardline.

hello myers our new kpf.

1 Like

Thatā€™s terrible luck. Has been more than useful.

What was the latest on Stewart? He canā€™t be too far off.

Brown might find his position gone by the time heā€™s healed.

Joe should hopefully ready to take more minutes in his more suited roaming CHF role and Smack will be ready in a few weeks to take back the deep forward role.

No doubt he will be required again though considering our luck with injuries to key forwards.

1 Like

Haha, donā€™t you dare replace him with Smack just yet. Same injury as Riewoldt and he missed 3 games. Heā€™ll probably be back before Smack. And he can keep his running loads at AFL level the whole time.

Speaking of cursed, Laverde the obvious replacement and just in time to take on Geelong.

11 Likes

I want my boy Smack back :blush:

2 Likes

Brown is going to be a loss. Seems to be a maligned player but Iā€™m not sure why. His work rate is sensational and is adept in the air and on the ground. Is a very handy player and will be missed the next few weeks especially with McKernan out. Hopefully his absence provides opportunity for Laverde to show what heā€™s got.

8 Likes

For the VFL watchers how far is Begley away if only for the ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  & giggles of having Begley & Baguley in our forward line

1 Like

Heā€™s a couple of weeks at least in my opinion.

I think this weekends game will be his first full hitout and heā€™s not in great touch.

Laverde kicked 6 last weekend and heā€™s not even under consideration so itā€™s s tough side to break into at the moment.

Stewart is still not playing VFL. He played a half against Frankston 2 wks ago (and went pretty well), but sat out after half time with ice on his groin. The injury report said they are going to rest him again and then bring him on slowly, so sounds like he is still quite a way off.

Yeah I was at that Frankston game and he looked like Wayne Carey.

I was very impressed with how he attacked the ball in the air.

I hope he comes back soon because I still think heā€™s got a future with us.

3 Likes

Yesā€¦ Laverde might get first crack at Browns position but I wanna see Frang at least training with the fwds with a view to getting a go.Frang, String, and Joey all have x factorā€¦ I wanna see a XXX fwd line penetrating long and hardā€¦ because I am sad and donā€™t get out of the house muchā€¦ :laughing:

2 Likes

I havenā€™t been his biggest fan ,- far from it actually, but he has had a fairly good season thus far.

Iā€™ll give credit where itā€™s due and his off game yesterday was maybe attributed to his injury.

Anyway heā€™s shown he can play well enough at times but yesterday was more in what weā€™ve seen more often than not. That said hope he recovers and gets back to where he was against Melbourne.

His place goes to Francis (I hope) and maybe swing Hooker forward in his place.

I hope not. Hooker is vital for us down back. Just solidifies our defensive structure. But I hope Francis comes in but I reckon Lav will.

1 Like

Replace him with Langford and let Langers play HFF aka his natural position

Bad luck, heā€™s been in good form.

Yes he has played well but did not do much on Anzac Day
The pressure was really on

Straight swap for Orazio

1 Like

Read seddon bomberā€™s thoughts below