Mitch Brown - The Accountant

They are flanker numbers and that’s not surprising because that’s what he is.

His shoulder injuries have taken away his ability to mark anywhere above chest height which means his only option is to work into space.

He will continue to be found out in games where our space is taken away from us. That’s generally against any of the half decent sides.

We seriously miss Joe.

It’s a shame Stewart is perennially injured because I would have liked to try him again.

Some on here were suggesting he couldn’t take contested marks but he’s light years ahead of Brown in ability to hold his ground. He just couldn’t stick the marks regularly.

1 Like

He was crap, if he wasn’t being beaten by McGovern he was kicking it to him down the line.
Our players are such dumb footballers who the hell kicks the ball down the line straight to McGovern.
All he had to do was be a decoy when on McGovern and couldn’t even do that.

He wasn’t. 16 touches and a goal in our forward line when we got slaughtered all over the ground in his first game back on one of the best defenders in the comp?

3 Likes

He was so poor last night.

He is so average in the air.

He shouldn’t even be counted as a tall forward.

Laverde is more of a CHF than he is.

I’d drop him for Stringer and not offer him a contract for next season

2 Likes

He had a shocker.
Got in peoples way, couldn’t win the ball on his own.

Not writing him off. Hopefully he gets the feel back because he’s shown he can be very good.

Stringer for him if fit is obvious.
I do wonder if Hartley could come in for T-Bell.
It probably won’t happen, but he’s been in good form and to me offers more than Zlarke, sharing with Hooker and Smack.

I was thinking Hooker forward, Hartley back and sharing the ruck with Smack. With our defence being so good lately i’d be hesitant to take Hooker out but we could always swing him back if we needed to.

2 Likes

I’ve never been against Hooker playing forward sometimes, but he needs to start back and get in the game.
Play him forward in red time, sure, but when you start him there he goes missing and that hurts us at both ends.

4 Likes

Brown offers waaaaay more than Hartley, and I’m not much of a Brown fan.

The game changed on the fact that Hooker was determined to provide a physical contest in the air and on the ground. Something that Brown has no appetite for.
It is so soft and it lets down all the hard work to bring the ball into the 50.
Hooker contesting brought the little guys into the play also.

I was calling for hooker forward from the 2nd qtr.

We get found out so easily as soon as a player takes the soft option. If he cant contest he needs to go.

Zerk thatcher will throw himself at everything in defense hooker can go forward.

4 Likes

Stringer - Brown.
Hartley - T-Bell.

1 Like

This could really work for us, I heard people say he’s ok as a ruck (Hartley)

So it could be worth a look.
More mobile than TBC.
Better (long) kick.

I must admit I underestimate the nuances required to be a ruck. But as soon as someone other than TBC goes in there we give away free kicks.

1 Like

Free kicks that even Wayne Carey disagrees with.

1 Like

Brown should join bags and Myers in the VFL, no good enough now and not required in the future

3 Likes

T-Bell will be a loss, there’s no question about that.
I gave him three votes last week, while others thought he was terrible, and thought he was on his way to that again before his injury.

The question is, what covers that loss better?

McKernan - Hooker - Clarke?
Or McKernan - Hooker - Hartley?

Obviously Clarke is the easy call, the set and forget call. But I’m not sure it’s better or gives us as much flexibility.

Not Clarke…no, no no, leave smack and Hookers to ruck. Swans don’t have buddy so no need to hookers down back next week

1 Like

Yeah CLARKE hasn’t shown anything other than an ability to miss chances to win games, and turnover the ball.

If Hartley comes in he simply can’t be left deep in defence.

He is a third tall/flanker, back or forward.
He is far from a marking option forward.

2 Likes

The coaches will probably stick with him due to the lack of forward depth but if Stringer is available I would swap Brown out rather than Begley.

Begley at least can compete in the air and has a physical presence.

Sydney as they always do will try make this game physical and Browns only value is when the ball is pinging around the ground at pace.

He tries hard but offers little in the air nor enough defensively to be anything other than depth.

1 Like

Been disappointing since come back from wrist

Still rate him when playing well

4 Likes

we have too many light tall forwards, needs a gorilla a la hooker to help those like mitch and joe thrive, they can’t be our bomb it long forwards.

1 Like