Mitch Brown - The Accountant

Plus he went into the ruck on occasion and competed well. Would have been handy in 09

I do like that he has arms that look like mine.

McDav thinks RockyIV has arms like this

1 Like

Love the Mitch Brown story. He really is a class footballer- his kicking is a delight.

2 Likes

Is there anyone in the league you would rather have the ball in their hands from 40-50 out on a 45 degree angle on the R/H flank?
They are just bread and butter for him.
With his size and mobility Iā€™d love him to impact a little more around the ground but he has been a very astute pickup.

5 Likes

23 disposals, 8 marks not enough around the ground?

I meant more with spoils etc. a couple of times he had the chance to bust a pack open and come over the top. Got a beautiful reach and build to crash packs

2 Likes

Ahh ok fair enough.

Great game from Mitch. Heā€™s not a contested player. Heā€™s an old school CHF and he does it beautifully. Heā€™s only 28 too so he has a few good seasons left in him.

4 Likes

Yeah I was a bit understated.

He almost crunched Hartley in the head with a knee , but he sensational in the 2nd half.

Hope he has found a new level and becomes more reliable he does frustrate me a bit

Second half was excellent. I feel confident when he has a shot at goal.

1 Like

Thanks @munna1 :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

My Geelong-supporting relatives think heā€™s a spud. I just point at them and laugh mockingly.

7 Likes

That left-to-right drop punt in the last was a thing of beauty.

His accuracy shows the importance of aerobic capacity when it comes to set shots.

2 Likes

Watched the replay this arvo and at half time Eddie, browny, lyony and roosy where jerking themselves off under the fox table.

It actually wasnā€™t too bad, they kind of expected us to run over the top of them based on our forward set up of hooker, stringer aaaaand thatā€™s about it.

Never mind heā€™d already run a marathon and kicked two.

Utter plonkers Rodney

And yet a couple of Cats fans at work wished he was still there and rate him

He was very good.

Am happy to be wrong.

Mind you his first half was pretty poor. 2 contests across half forward in the 2nd term he didnā€™t commit to and Adelaide intercept marked.

Hooker moving forward probably proves that Brown canā€™t be 2nd tall, needs to be 3rd

1 Like

Given that Smack was rucking, Hartley was down back, and consensus is that Stringer isnā€™t actually a tall, who was this mythical second tall that allowed Mitch to play better?
Walla? Snelling? Langford?

4 Likes

I think last year Brown was key in getting us going in the second half of the year.
Hes not your ordinary tall forwad who leads directly at the ball and marks it, but runs his man off his feet and runs back into space in forward 50 and beats his man to get the mark.
He led in to some good spots last week to avoid a 2-1 contest and spots where he had confidence to kick the goals.
Also if you look at the highlights he was involved in the play earlier in the goal chains before running forward and marking/kicking the goal.

SOme of our kicks forward to space worked. we were smarter and not just kicking it up high to the opposition defender, but more of a chaos ball, which gave our players a chance to influence the contest - e.g McKennas kick forward which stringer managed to make into a 50-50 versus 2 opponents, and Brown kick off the ground forward which is probably a perfect ball for tippa to get on the bounce and moving which tippa collected and kicked back to Brown who had ran forward and ended up in a shot of goal.

1 Like

Heā€™s a very good set shot. Walla may give him a run for his money though