Mitch Brown - The Accountant

I’d say this guy will be groomed to play centre half forward this year and attempt to have a Bruce-like impact.

So so happy with this pick. Due to the wife’s love of the saints took a keen interest in the sandy finals. This bloke turned the game against the pies when he was swung forward in the second half of that game and nearly did it on his own against the eventual premiers the week after. Saw him clunk some beauties in those games. Could he be our slightly younger j-pod? With him, hurls and hooksey we certainly have some flexibility.

The complete package.
l like the sound of that.

Got to be Chf next year surely with Joey and smack deep

He was so good in the nab cup. All australian for sure.

The utility player philosophy of Hird/Thompson every other AFL coach persists under Woosha.

Fixed

Where did he play the majority of the year in the vfl? Be interesting to see if we use him forward or back
Started full forward, kicked a goal-winning four goals on Qwilt.

Wasn’t kicking goals regularly enough, so went to the wing and got a stack of disposals. That included a string of games with 26, 23, 27, and 31 disposals.

Went back for a while.

Ended year gutting the opposition at full-forward.

(or so I hear)

There are a lot of swing options for next year; Joe D is the odd one out, with Worsfold sounding like he doesn’t ever want him leaving the forward line.

For some strange reason, I get uneasy thinking about Brown on Gwilt…

Great to have you on the list Mitch, and welcome to the Bombers!

Where did he play the majority of the year in the vfl? Be interesting to see if we use him forward or back
Started full forward, kicked a goal-winning four goals on Qwilt.

Wasn’t kicking goals regularly enough, so went to the wing and got a stack of disposals. That included a string of games with 26, 23, 27, and 31 disposals.

Went back for a while.

Ended year gutting the opposition at full-forward.

(or so I hear)

There are a lot of swing options for next year; Joe D is the odd one out, with Worsfold sounding like he doesn’t ever want him leaving the forward line.

For some strange reason, I get uneasy thinking about Brown on Gwilt…

Does it make you feel gwilty?

Liked the look of him at Sandy and with us in the NAB Cup. Great story, he earns his second chance!

So basically we’ve got a KPP who can play either end or on a wing, who was originally a top 20 draft but couldn’t settle into Geelong’s forward structure or was always injured who’s about to hit his prime. Does it get much better than this when you’re looking for a quick fix? This guy could be anything next season.

Brown is a natural defender who can go fwd. keep hooker fwd play brown back. Hooksy is a better backman then fwd atm. But I recon he can become the best fwd in the comp if they persist with him there.

Brown is a natural defender who can go fwd. keep hooker fwd play brown back. Hooksy is a better backman then fwd atm. But I recon he can become the best fwd in the comp if they persist with him there.
I don't want to see Hooker forward anymore.

That backline could be our biggest weapon and although it seems at the cost of the forwardline, I think we could develop Brown there.

He has a pre-season and more to work with JD and make it his home. Supposedly very coachable guy who hopefully will do everything he can to make it second time round.

Brown is backup.

I see him being first in if somebody gets injured with Smack playing CHF.

Ability to play forward if needed is crucial to the list balance. A good get that covered for the earlier choices in terms of list management.

I just want to know he’s reliable in front of the sticks. Been so long since we’ve had someone who’s a decent set shot and has 5ish goes at it per game most games.

Ability to play forward if needed is crucial to the list balance. A good get that covered for the earlier choices in terms of list management.

What makes it even better is that he’s very unlikely to crack the sads about playing fwd, and he didn’t cost much either!

Seems a lot of talk of him being able to play forward. I think he has been recruited almost purely to play forward. I think he may be able to occasionally go back but for the most part he will play forward and he will do be better than Carlisle did.

A very close friend of mine was on the Cats’ list when he was there. He reckons he’s a natural forward who can play back if needed and was moved back because he was a bit undersized and was continually getting injured.